Dr. Gregory Brammer Provides Tips for EMTs and Paramedics Performing Point-Of-Care Testing

Dr. Gregory Brammer Provides Tips for EMTs and Paramedics Performing Point-Of-Care Testing

A Story by Dr Gregory Brammer
"

Dr. Gregory Brammer is an emergency medicine physician who has been working in the field for nearly twenty years.

"

Dr. Gregory Brammer is a medical professional who has committed himself to helping others, including other medical professionals and his patients. He has been working in emergency medicine for nearly twenty years, and he has been recognized for his ability to innovate emergency practices, as well as educate others on the latest techniques in the field. He is also the Chief Executive Officer of BrammerMD, which is a medical legal consultation company. His nineteen-year tenure as a Board Certified and Board Trained emergency medicine physician has been successful to say the least, and his professional experience includes more than fifteen years of administrative work.


One of the practices that Dr. Gregory Brammer is responsible for implementing and developing is called Point-Of-Care Testing. This gives paramedics and EMTs the ability to perform lab tests and receive results within minutes, often before even arriving at a medical facility. Here are some tips for emergency professionals when practicing Point-Of-Care Testing.


Take care of health and safety. Conducting tests in an emergency situation and while on the move can be incredibly stressful, but that doesn’t mean you can forget about the most basics parts of your training as an emergency medical professional. Be aware of the hazards involved when working with bodily fluids, waste reagents, and sharp objects outside of a laboratory setting.


Make sure you’re familiar with all the devices you’ll be using. Point-Of-Care Testing requires the use of a number of high-tech devices and instruments that need to be handled with care, and completely understood. Practice with the instruments as much as you can so that you can develop an intimate knowledge of what they do, how they work, and when they should be used in a given situation.


Lastly, Dr. Gregory Brammer understands that proper maintenance should conducted regularly to ensure safety. Regular maintenance must be performed on your Point-Of-Care Testing devices and instruments to make sure they are working properly before you need them in an emergency situation. This could mean the difference between saving a person’s life, and flailing to do your job simply due to a mechanical error. Always make sure your devices are working properly.


For More Information Visit Here -

© 2016 Dr Gregory Brammer


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
Added on July 15, 2016
Last Updated on July 15, 2016
Tags: Dr Gregory Brammer

Author

Dr Gregory Brammer
Dr Gregory Brammer

University Place, WA



About
Dr. Gregory Brammer is currently serving as Physician Medical Legal Consultant for BrammerMD, which is a medical and legal consulting company that was established in 2015. He created the company after.. more..

Writing