Prologue To One Of My Stories, "Scissors"

Prologue To One Of My Stories, "Scissors"

A Story by Deanna
"

This is my prologue for a story I started on Quotev.

"

Prologue

     

      Jennifer stepped through the gold incrusted doors of her parents' beloved mansion. It was October 19th, 2005, and she'd just come in from a walk through the small woods their little town had. Her cheeks showed a light rosey color, and her skin had was cold to the touch. "Mom!" Jennifer called, not seeing her Mom in the kitchen. She'd been in there before Jennifer left for her walk, and she was usually still in there when Jennifer came back, because she took a walk everyday in October. "Mom?!" Jennifer called again, louder. Nothing. Dad was still at work, so Jennifer decided to see if her Mom's car was in the driveway. Jennifer sighed in relief as she realized her Mother had only left. Probably for groceries or household decorations. She'd be back soon.

      

      Four hours later, Jennifer was worried. Mom never shopped for too long, especially without telling anyone. Where was she, where was she? Jennifer was shaking as she took a seat on the soft, three seater couch, holding a mug of hot chocolate with colored marshmallows in it. The door shot open, and Jennifer quickly turned, managing to NOT spill her hot chocolate. Dad. His clothes were soaked red. Jennifer was confused and horrified. "Dad?" she said quietly, standing. "Found your Mother," Dad muttered, walking back out.

     

      He pulled in a woman, who resembled Jennifer's Mom. Her normally straight, shiny black hair was frizzy and jumbled. She could hear her Mom mumbling to herself, chuckling every so often. Then she noticed the thing that she was horrified by. Scissors. Scissors, some sticking out of her Mother, some in her hands, all bloodied up, dripping with the crimson substance. "Attempted suicide again, we'll have to put her back in the institute," Dad said as I pulled my boots onto my cold, shaky feet. I was scared for my Mom, she was losing blood and mumbling weird stuff to herself.

     

      Ever since then, she's done two things. One, she's held onto every pair of scissors she's ever seen and kept them, so no one could hurt themselves. Two, she's been a counseler for people with any issues in need of somebody to talk to.

© 2012 Deanna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on November 21, 2012
Last Updated on November 21, 2012
Tags: Harry Styles, Prologue, 1D, Scissors

Author

Deanna
Deanna

PA



About
I'm almost thirteen and I've been writing since third grade. I tend to like, cuss a lot, and I have a very odd mind for my age. But I'm also very intelligent and sophisticated when I'd prefer to be so.. more..