GETTING UNWANTED

GETTING UNWANTED

A Story by Dr.Vishnu
"

There might be biggest despair in getting unwanted, but there lies the greatest mystery in what we got!

"

 

 

“This is not mine! Don’t you understand what am I saying? I need mine.”
 “But your number is on this box sir”
 “You still dont understand. Someone took my luggage..And they replaced this box with my number on it. You got that”
 “But I can’t do anything now sir! You have to file a complaint about that. Our people will check it and replace yours. Until then.”
 “Hey hey. What? I have to give a complaint..?”
 “Sir please! Let me do my duty…I can’t do anything. Please take this parcel and move. There are still 30 people I need to settle down...”
“I am gonna complain about my bag and complain about you too!”
…This was the last few lines of my 30 minutes argument with the luggage dealer. I came from Argentina in this goddamn bus. And as usual they kept luggage in another truck, and they gave me a number to identify my luggage. Unfortunately my luggage is misplaced by this Box (parcel). Pretty big box, hands full. And this man was out of his mind. Arguing with him is useless.
  Oh! I must be in great disgust, as I forgot to mention my name. I am RAY GEWNOJ. I came here to attend an interview in the MELISTHA NETWORKS. God’s grace- I didn’t keep my applications, forums, papers and money in the bag. But the thing is, I don’t have enough time for a complaint and even for a piss.
       With my papers and the big parcel, I managed to move in the crowd of the station. Huh! I crossed one crowd and there I saw hell. Lots of people in lots of crowds. Then I realized I am in the busiest station of the city. I took a look at the parcel. The parcel was of king size, and we can’t insert a finger in the crowd. There comes the cutest idea- ‘this parcel aint mine. Why can’t we just leave it to rot?’ I became proud of my wisdom.
    I looked around and left that red box on one of the parchment in the station. And I slowly walked towards the exit. My happiness disappeared in moments, as he was in front of me-The police. He looked at me and asked, “Why are you leaving your parcel there?”
 I replied with trembled voice, “That’s not mine sir!”
  “I saw you leaving there? What’s in there?” police started smiling towards me. His smile said that I am suspicious. And I know where I am going now.
    *             *              *

          I sat on a green bench in the corner of police station of the bus station. From there I can saw that box laughing at me. It was kept safe in a glass room. I don’t know what they thought about it- may be they felt like having a bomb or anthrax source. That’s why they didn’t dare to open it. I am waiting for the big cop who can help me. As soon as he came I rushed to him and asked, “Sir! Please understand my situation. I had to attend an important interview. It’s my life. It’s already late now. If I didn’t go to that interview, Katie will leave me forever.”
 “Who is Katie?”
“My girl friend. I had to get this job to marry her. Please allow me. If you want I will come and see you later.”
“Don’t get excited. You have to wait.”
“What for? That aint my parcel. Nothing is in there? I can open it for you.”
 “Don’t try. The squad and specialists are on the way. You can leave once they confirmed.”
 The police man left me without hearing one more word. They are little busy.
Lice are better than Police. Lice will damage our heads SLOWLY.
I again sat on the bench looking for the goddamn squad. Time is running. Each minute counts decades to me. But suddenly I feel like god having grace on me. The police station became empty. Only two cops are there-drinking coffee. I stood up, and I walked towards the door. They didn’t notice me because of the sedative effect of coffee. I once again looked around and started running in the crowd of station.
   After running for a while, I stopped outside the station. My eyes barely see things. Very much tired. In that bareness, I saw several red colored boxes besides a van. I moved towards it. Some workers are keeping the boxes in the luggage traveler. Those boxes are similar to the one I got. With a great confusion I went to one of the worker and asked,
   “ What are these Boxes?”
“What? These are luggage sir. Luggage of passengers.”
“ You keep passengers luggage in these boxes?”
“Yes, only if they ask for special care. For safety and handling.”
Then I remembered my words at the Argentina bus station. I asked for the special care of my bag. But I don’t know what the special care is? It’s this- using a box around my bag.
 So, the box is my bag. As soon as I got this into my mind, the two police men came to me and dragged me to the station. There a police man came and said,
“Our specialists checked your box. It’s nothing in there. Grab that box and get the hell out of here.”
 With the hardest disgust in my mind, I went in to the room and I opened the box. There is my bag. My brown colored bag. Then I looked at the time. Its 10:30 am. My interview is a history. I am supposed to go there at 10:00 am.
  I moved out of the room difficultly. Then suddenly I saw people outside the police station are rushing towards the TV. Everyone is looking at the TV concentrated.
I too looked at that TV. BN NEWS channel is showing a disaster. A building was collapsed down. Scrolling- MELISTHA collapsed down to ground at 10:25 am this morning. Estimates revealed about 37 people are in the building for an interview and 46 employees added.
 
 On seeing that, I became blank. I looked at the box and then I looked at the TV.  This happened for a while.
  Why am I not at that interview? I am supposed to be there now. Along with the corpses, in the remnants of the building. Who stopped me to do so?
  Why am I stopped here- just because of Getting Unwanted!
There might be biggest despair in getting unwanted, but there lies the greatest mystery in what we got!
“Katie! Don’t watch the TV. I am alive. We can have a new interview and a new life”
 

                                *           *            *

© 2010 Dr.Vishnu


Author's Note

Dr.Vishnu
Again Grammar problems will be there!! Correct if you can...Basically English isn't my primary language

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! That was simply awesome. I just loved it!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

177 Views
1 Review
Added on May 24, 2010
Last Updated on May 24, 2010

Author

Dr.Vishnu
Dr.Vishnu

Tirupathi, India



About
Writing is My Passion..Its the everyday breath I live through by.. more..

Writing
NIGHT 365 NIGHT 365

A Story by Dr.Vishnu