My Angel (of Death)

My Angel (of Death)

A Story by Philosophers' Dreaming

I was fading in and out of consciousness, catching a few words hear and there of today's lecture in Biology class. Then the bell rang. It was the last class I had for the day. Any time after one-thirty on a Friday, was my time. I snapped to, gathered my stuff, and began sprinting for the door... That's when it happened. I saw the first glimpse of an Angel. I was awestruck at what my mortal eyes beheld. She apparently had class next. I couldn't contain myself, I'd never seen such beauty. She looked as though God had touched one of DaVinci's greatest marble works and breathed life into it, the end result was this woman. I tried to say something of intelligence, but only managed to retract some of the drool, that was pouring like a river out of my mouth. Luckily, she didn't catch me in that state. I had never seen this woman here before at the college. So, I stayed outside the classroom until her class was over, while I was just standing there fixated with trying to think of something that would maybe impress her... As the bell began ringing I tried to compose myself, to make it look like I was just walking by when the bell had begun to ring. She then walked back into the hallway. I found myself wanting to let my jaw just hit the floor, letting the drool flow like the Amazon. I managed to avoid it this time. I walked up beside her casually kinda just keeping a steady pace. I said, "Hey, m-m-my n-name is-s D-d-ar-ren." She looked at me and said, "Hi Daren. My name is Serena." I could have sworn I had heard angels singing with their harps as she spoke. "I am kinda new here, do you know your way around here? If you don't mind.. I was going to ask if maybe you could show me around..?" Hearing her voice, as it struck across my ear drums felt like flowing milk and honey... Fitting for an angel I thought to myself.. "Hello?" Snap! "Huh?" "Look, I see you are obviously busy with something. I'll just ask someone else..." "Wait." "I, I was just thinking about, well its hard to say..." "Well, is it personal?" "Hehe, well kinda.. You see I have just never seen raw and unhampered beauty like yourself, not even in artwork..." Giggling she looked away blushing a little. "I bet you say that to all the pretty girls here, don't you Daren?" Hearing her say that I couldn't deny that I was a genuine flirt with even my "girl" friends, but that was because I enjoyed making people laugh.. Its how I make it through my days being alone with no family here.. "Well... Truthfully I am a rather large flirt, but I am being completely honest, 100% genuine about that compliment." Smiling she turned back and looked at me with her eyes filling with what resembled loneliness... "Well, I could still show you around if you want me to...? Or maybe just walk you to where you are going to right now, if you want I can just go..." I was walking away as she turned to me and she said, "Hey hold on, Daren! I-I-I do need a bit of a tour guide, this place is little confusing to me..." Smiling I held my hands to take her books. "Here, mind if carry these for you?" "Okay. Thank you very much sir." She curtsied to me. Blushing a little I bowed back to her and dropped one of her text books on my foot. Having restraint I didn't start cussing like a sailor, I instead resorted to jumping up and down like in the cartoons for children... After all was done for the day, I took her back towards the women's dorms laughing and telling my usual barrage of jokes I found funny... She laughed at my jokes! She actually thought I was funny, score! Totally going to try to get her to be my girlfriend.. She was perfect, gorgeous, funny, and thought I was funny too. As we finally reached the women's dorms I asked her if she was seeing anybody tomorrow.. She said, "Sadly, I have a prior engagement I must tend to above anything else... Maybe we will meet again sometime.." She started getting a lonely look in her eyes, they started to look teary, she looked up at me, "Someday soon I will see you again Daren.." That's when she kissed my cheek and ran up the stairs, my world began to wobble, I looked up at the sky, darkened with clouds. Thud Thud! My heart began to send pain through my entire body, like a flame was passing through my veins. Falling to the ground, it started raining. I looked up the rain relieving some the pain from my internal fire. "Don't cry sky, maybe.. Maybe it's better this way, dying alone so no one has to be sad after I go, so don't cry for me either okay?" As if Mother Nature heard me, the rain only fell faster with more falling as the seconds or maybe hours passed by. I could no longer tell the time that had passed as I started to slip out of conscious, knowing this was how I ended made me sad. Then I realized Serena actually was an angel, she was my angel of Death. 'Until Life gives me over to her sister Death's Sweet and Calming Embrace, forever I will remain loyal and serve you my one and only love, Forever I was yours to do with as you pleased.. But now Life, my Beloved Mistress, Lover, and Friend; you have left me here to your Sister but I cannot complain... She is just as caring as you, but more calming and Serene.' "Serena.." I called her name softly... After all this time with the Night Scares of dying alone and actually being fine with it in the end made me realize something else other than an old poem of mine... I realized everyone, I was no exception, feared dying up until the final moments when you realize its not always so bad.. Just the alone part hurt a little that's all... As Death came closer to me, cradling me in her arms.. I looked at her and smiled.. Death smiled back to me and said, "My Love, you will never be alone when I am here... When you have come to me, the  I may never leave you. I am now forever yours to keep, now sleep my Love the road ahead is long and you need rest from your travels. Smiling I sadly stroked the ground next to me, "Goodbye, old friend. You will be missed, yet probably forgotten in the end I suppose. That's just how it goes for everything in life.." Looking back into Death's kind eyes I said, "Can I go to sleep now?" "Of course you can.. Shhh, sleep peacefully my Love." Enveloping me in her wings, black and soft like Satin, I began to drift, slowly, sleepily into sleep... I bid the world behind me, silent Adieus, hoping to be remembered and never forgotten by those I had loved and cared for. Sleeping without interruption for the first time in what felt like forever, I was finally at peace... Goodbye Serena, I hope we do meet again, somewhere...

© 2014 Philosophers' Dreaming


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is grammatically incorrect because you've no idea which homophone to use, where.
"I am kinda new hear, do you know your way around here?" is what you have written. In the stead of "hear" it should have "here".

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Added on July 29, 2013
Last Updated on January 10, 2014

Author

Philosophers' Dreaming
Philosophers' Dreaming

Mount Ida, AR



About
Anime in the streets, Hentai in the sheets. "Additionally there are two things in this world worth dying for : Your soulmate, and Yourself. Nothing else would have the power over your life as much .. more..

Writing