A teddy bear

A teddy bear

A Story by dustin kenton modersohn stockdale
"

People can be superstitious. We see something happen and often imagine it means something. This is a story about that.

"
Jenna loved her teddy. She loved him because he warded off the bad things in her room. When he was in her room there was no longer scary sounds, or spooky shadows. Everything was comfortable when he was there.

One night he was taken from her.

At bedtime, she tried to ignore the fact he wasn't protecting her. Her attempt was futile. The demons crawling around her room were too mean. Every single sound snapped into her consciousness. She knew that there were others in her room.

Jenna started to cry.

Nobody could hear her because she cried too softly. She could feel the cool breeze of the paranormal brushing across her skin. She clutched her teddy to her chest.

"I miss my teddy."

Suddenly her room lit up a violent red. Screams echoed and spiralled through her ears. She felt her sheets start to move as a tornado of wind flew around her room. She could see deformed faces in the tornado that seemed to be screaming in pain.

Jenna tried her best to scream for help, but her body was frozen still. She felt as if she had entered another dimension where she was forcibly being kept. The only consolation she had was her teddy bear, which she desperately clung to her chest.

A little girl stepped out of the wind, right beside Jenna's bed.

"I miss my teddy."

The wind died down, and Jenna was able to move again. She felt safe because of the little girl's presence. The little girl reached her hands out. Jenna gave the bear to her.

The room went black.

When Jenna woke up she had a teddy in her arms. It didn't feel the same as the one she found by the bus stop.

© 2015 dustin kenton modersohn stockdale


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on April 15, 2015
Last Updated on April 15, 2015