A Case of the Blogs

A Case of the Blogs

A Story by SJ
"

a ranting

"

A case of the blogs

 

It’s bad: real bad. The sycophants are loose and writing. The LCD is on the verge of taking over and we are mindless to stop.

Are they the sebaceous gland of the macrocosmic information teenager? Who are these gal’s and fella’s?

 

Pick me- I’ll answer. They are the hypocrites, the judgers, the “I pulled myself up by the bootstraps-so can you-ers, the complainers, non-doers. Where did they come from?

 

Ill tell you. Simply a product of math: of G2 + B2 + AY = LCD. Your story problem relates:

 

The greatest generation (G2); those who turned the world around, got it back to the straight and narrow, upheld the values and morals of a truly super �" power: the ones that steal my “for expectant mothers” parking spot and scowl at me when I slowly lumber by with my 3 year old, my 1.5 year old and my one on the way year old, the ones who swat at my children during church because they have their foot on the pew, the ones that demand respect because they deserve it; because they earned it in the war- d****t. The ones that came home and clammed up and did what they had to do…; they reproduced.

 

Out of this bountiful harvest came their progeny: the baby boomers (B2). The change makers: the force to be reckoned with, the economy drivers, the let me be heard-ers. They came and marched and spoke and spoke and spoke and spoke some more. And then they went home and put away the drugs and started companies and took over the wheel. And drove on over to China and then took a few laps around Profound Overconsumption Lane and then over to, I Need it Now- I Deserve it Now-Don’t Tell Me What to Do Place and then drove that economy over a cliff. And then.... took a bus to Washington…. They are the ones that tell me: “pay more taxes” and then take away my Social Security. They tell me they know what the “American People” want without asking a soul. The ones that want something for nothing (Im getting conflicted); think I’m too stupid to see through the game they call “politics”.

 

They call home weekly and get their offspring; the Apathetic Youth (AY) on the phone: their very own of course, and armchair parent and make excuses for the mediocrity that is surely not their fault. These youngsters that seem connected to everyone and yet to no-one, the ones who tell me their opinions when I haven’t asked, who complain about everything, and interrupt and talk over me in order to be heard and don’t listen.  They are the ones who aren’t aware of Hard Work, or Taking Responsibility, or Disciplining Yourself so Others Don’t Have To. They are the loungers, the expectants, the just waiting to pitch my reality show-ers.

 

All of them have an opinion and someone told them they should share it (WHO told them that?) and they find an empty space and they fill it without regard: devoid of responsibility; lacking in care to the effects of that black and white drug called “The Blog”.

 

LCD, (lowest common denominator) insidious: crept in. It lurks in the wings, waiting to offer up another hit, another high. Handing out two-for-one specials on Egocentrisms and Judgment: buy that and get Hypocrisy for free, filling the air with: If You Think It, It Must Be Profound.

 

The precipice is looming, an apocalypse is near: Global Buffoonery, certainly brought on by generations of ne’er-do-wellism. No one is letting on though: a BIG, FAT, white elephant: that opinion’s are like rectums: everybody has one, its just hot air and excrement that usually come out….

 

End this equation: show your work. Change is needed! Action! Selflessness! “Make community a verb”, take responsibility, and discipline yourself so others; like your government, don’t have to. Speak less, listen more; Be!

 

I’m sure, however, that someone will blog about it instead…. 

Perhaps we should ask a “News Consultant” what they think… They’re the experts, right?

© 2013 SJ


Author's Note

SJ
It makes sense to me: I wonder if it makes sense to anyone else:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on April 2, 2013
Last Updated on April 2, 2013

Author

SJ
SJ

About
Mother/Wife Flight Paramedic/Teacher Pessimist/Realist Do-good-er/Church-goer skier/runner/swimmer/biker/yogi/wannabe-er Observer/Perceiver more..

Writing
Mirth Mirth

A Story by SJ


redemption redemption

A Story by SJ