Countless�

Countless�

A Story by Dexter Pagunsan Samolde

One early morning, I woke up as I prepared to have my quiet time. (Quiet Time – is a period set aside for prayer, meditation and Bible study.) It was not one of those ordinary mornings. That time I decided not to have my quiet time in my bed. A certain force drove me to go out of our house. There, the morning breeze approached me. I look around and was amazed to see the beauty of the surroundings, the tall trees, the green grass and the blue sky. That morning the sky was so clear. As I looked up in the sky something really caught my attention Yes I saw the moon. The moon was almost fading only one eight of its size was visible. Above the moon was the star. The star was still sparkling brightly as if trying to cheer the moon up. Then I thought to myself the moon and the star were together during the whole night. They were together with the rest of the stars last night. And now the rest of the stars were gone but they were still together, together as they await the coming of the new day; together as they approach the rising of the sun.

 

 

            When I look at myself, I can’t help but identify myself with the moon. At that time I too was fading, slowly drifting away. And the star, it’s God who stayed with me during the night, during the toughest, darkest, and loneliest moment in my life. The people around me were gone too. I felt so alone and lonely. I had no one to turn to. But I forgot that there is somebody out there who’s willing to be with me all the time especially when I needed somebody to comfort me. God will never leave me I should know that. No matter what happens, he will wait for the sun to rise up and shine during the day.

 

 

 

 

 

            Tonight, I look up the sky once more. It is so dim, so dark. Darkness is all over it. I can’t seem but to wonder and ask myself where the moon is gaze all over the sky but I never saw the moon. All the time I was looking for that moon when it’s not there. What I failed to see are the countless stars all over that same sky. But of all these stars there is one star that outshines everyone else. That stars yes, that same star I saw one time together with the moon. But what happened to the moon? And the star, why aren’t they together?

 

 

 

 

 

            Tonight, I look at myself once more, I being the moon, the star as my God. I saw the moon slowly fading then, but the star kept on shining. What does that mean? Am I gone? Am I leaving God? No! Never!

 

No Way! I am not being there but God is there all the time. Just like the number of stars in the sky, a countless time will God never leave me? Maybe the moon is not there, but not because he doesn’t need God or God abandoned him. No, he is there focusing his energy and time with God. He’s coming back for sure. There’s no question to that. And when he’s back, he’ll be back for good. This time with more light to shed a light that brightens during the night, a light that will lead safe paths to many; a light that will inspire the rest of the sky together with all the stars.

            The star is confident with the moon, the star awaits the moon; the moon prepares for his return. One day the moon and the stars will be reunited. Together, they will shine together they will shed light to the earth. This times its forever – not even a lifetime could compare. For as long as there is the sky, there is the moon and the stars.

            Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed.” Isaiah 54:10

© 2008 Dexter Pagunsan Samolde


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on November 4, 2008

Author

Dexter Pagunsan Samolde
Dexter Pagunsan Samolde

cebu city, Philippines



About
I am dexter pagunsan samolde, born in philippines, on june 23, 1977, most of my friends call me "dux" some call me "sir". i'm still in college, taking up bachelor of elementary education. i love to w.. more..

Writing