Inspiration makes a difference

Inspiration makes a difference

A Story by kate
"

self determination is something which everyone has to cultivate

"
I have this habit of taking long walks when i don't really feel normal. Now this is not necessarily the case with everyone, people have different perceptions. It was a pleasant evening ,there were no signs of harsh winds as i walked along the streets. As i entered the end of the street, there was this ATM flocked with people, now this was the aftermath or the consequence of the introduction of demonitisation i.e., the announcement that 500 and 1000 rupee notes will no longer be valid on account of piling up of black money. The situation prevailed for a month or two since the commonly available 500 rupee notes were no longer available and people had no choice but to withdraw money in the form of 2000's which they had deposited in banks.Here you might have a simple question to post: what connection does this have with my story? The main part comes here. As i stopped for a while looking at the long stretched queue i saw this old lady ,probably in her early sixties in her bicycle.It was evident that she must be into some small scale mobile business like probably selling home made sweets.This was not the first time that i had seen her,the first time had been on an evening yet again on a busy day on a busy street.Looking at her made me feel how much self determined she must be that even at this age she can be so tough and never ceases whatever she had started. Inspiration can come from anywhere, be it an animal which fights to get its daily bread or an old woman willing to stand on her own legs till the very end.

© 2017 kate


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on January 26, 2017
Last Updated on January 26, 2017
Tags: # life #confidence

Author

kate
kate

chennai, hindu, India



About
I am just an 18 year old trying to do something creative! more..

Writing
Sympathy Sympathy

A Poem by kate


nature and god nature and god

A Poem by kate


Regret Regret

A Poem by kate