Divergence of the soul

Divergence of the soul

A Story by eddier123
"

some thoughts on the soul and body

"

Humans are varied in nature. Perceptions are different and everyone’s reality is relative and unique. Morals, values and characteristics are defined by influences such as culture, religion and family background. However, there is one thing which binds us. It is the diverging of the soul. We may not know what one is feeling or how one renders the world, but we can connect at least on the level of understanding that each of us go through conflicts with the body and soul. It [the soul] is its own entity.  Completely separate from the body, but the effects of the body are felt by the soul. That is to say the soul can be impacted but it cannot physically impact the corporeal self.

The soul is you, it is what you consist of. If the body be a pendulum swinging indefinitely from left to right, then the soul is the angle from the middle-point to the furthest left and right points of the pendulum swing. The soul is what guides you, what limits you, what restrains you from activities that it does not find complacency in. Like the angle in the pendulum, the soul creates the boundaries for the human body, and as long as those boundaries are maintained the soul remains content.

Imagine a beach in which the tides are rapid but there is a distinct demarcation between the portion of the beach which is impacted by the waves and the portion of the beach which has no signs of ever being touched by water. The soul rests on the line of demarcation. It looks at the waves as it lay in discomfort, with fear and tremble. The further the waves remain from where the soul rest, the greater the comfort the soul feels.The waves are the actions of the human being, all actions that, to the soul, if committed would not be of any detriment unless the wave and the soul crossed path… But the body is an unrelenting dissident affair, and the soul is stubborn. �" That is where the two diverge.

The soul is given to you, predetermined with how it will govern the body. It is given to you with an arbitrary frame within which all actions are perceived as impassive behaviour. The body does not know of the soul, and for that reason the conflicting of the body and soul are prevalent in human beings. The soul burns in response to the defiance by a body, it’s anguish is unlike any other. Yearning for the body to disengage in the abhorrent action, whilst the body acknowledges the soul’s pain, yet it continues. The body is retrospective. Post defiance, the body reflects and guilt consumes it. Tears are shed by the body, but are in fact drippings of the soul’s blood for what it had endured.

The soul remains affixed in the frame it was given to the body, but all frames if applied pressure will bend over time. So to, then will the soul lose to the body, if the body persistently stretches the frame.  After many repetitions, the frame begins to widen and actions outside the frame begin to fall within it. Dangerous, it is for humans to widen the frame, for it is the frame that keeps man within safe limits of thy self. When the frame is lost, thy self is lost.

All humans have souls, and so all humans are susceptible to losing themselves. To find yourself, the self must engage in the actions which bring tranquillity to the soul and abstain from those action the soul disdains. It is finding the equilibrium between the soul and the body, the real pursuit of finding your self. 

© 2013 eddier123


Author's Note

eddier123
thoughts are appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on February 22, 2013
Last Updated on February 22, 2013
Tags: soul, body, mind, spirit, desire, want, need, satisfaction, disdain

Author

eddier123
eddier123

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada



About
-thinker -opinion formulator -writer -wanabepoet -living life like its my last day, cause it very well could be more..

Writing
first night first night

A Chapter by eddier123