The Fortunate

The Fortunate

A Stage Play by MattShadrake
"

Just a quick snip of a monologue I came up with. Not sure where it goes, yet. Probably should be more concise

"

“You must be so fortunate. To be able to throw away something so nice for a fling. You see, I know loneliness. It’s a bitter, empty and terrifying experience. You had a really nice girl who would be with you for life, and that’s something that thousands, more like millions, perhaps even BILLIONS of people would do anything for. And you threw it away for a fleeting lust. I can’t imagine doing it myself. I don’t think I’d be able to resist the fear �" the fear that I’d end up like all those lonely people. That I’d have nobody to blame but my selfish self for ending up in such a sorrowful state. I think that dread would keep me faithful. You must be so confident in your ability to replace her. I wish I had that fortune, to be so callous. I think I’d be afraid that I’d end up thinking a warm bullet was better for me than continuing a sorry excuse for an existence. I’d be terrified that I might be right.”

© 2014 MattShadrake


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on January 28, 2014
Last Updated on January 28, 2014
Tags: monologue, cheating, loneliness, passive-aggressive, rant

Author

MattShadrake
MattShadrake

Cleveland, OH



About
Former Psych/Philosophy student, graduated and now working in the casino business. Came here to post a story I've had scrambling around in my brain for awhile. more..

Writing