Truth Lies

Truth Lies

A Poem by papaed
"

Answer to a Paradise Challenge.

"

truth lies wherever we surmise

truth is weak and easy to tweak

truth is illusive for those who are abusive

truth is power for those in a tower

truth is not why wars are fought

truth is subjective and rarely an objective

truth and deception may get the same reception

truth is useful when it’s needful

truth manipulators are rarely consolators

truth gives fits to political pundits

truthful admissions are not for politicians

truthless people are often ruthless people

© 2008 papaed


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I wrote this in 2006. It seems even more appropriate now, in 2009. Morality in the press is slipping away.... or gone.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Dear papaed,

Nice. Sorry it took me so long to get here, but here I am now, and I greatly enjoyed this piece. You have come up with a series of insightful statements. Very nice!

Two favorite observations:

1. "truth is subjective and rarely an objective"

No kidding! So rarely an objective. I fear for humanity for this very reason. What is wrong with people?

2. "truth and deception may get the same reception"

I think this may simply be the other side of the coin with number 1, above. People do not strive for truth. So truth and deception get the same reception. More, deep faults with humanity.

Very best regards,

Rick


Posted 14 Years Ago


A very poignant write indeed!

Nicely done ~ that's the TRUTH!

Posted 16 Years Ago


this is a very fine display of prose..perhaps i was a bit foolish in my review of your kerouac piece. it was after all funny..tell you what i will feature this on the INK group for the week if you wish.
It really is quite good my friend

Posted 16 Years Ago


I am always amazed at your wordsmithing ability....you don't just write, you build. You create and craft a poem. Well done. Each line stands on its own...no weak lines, no throwaway statements...and they stand together as a excellent study on truth.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this poem and the you masterfully used rhyme throughout, but these two lines which suddenly didn't use any rhyming at all did make me stumble a bit -

"truth is not why wars are fought"

"truth is useful when it's needful"

There is truth in each of these lines, so perhaps give a little more space between these lines and the ones which rhyme to show that they are statements that aren't part of the structure...or just ignore me and whatever you like LOL ....I did enjoy this poem and enjoyed the slant rhyme...bravo for subtle rhyme...well done :)


Posted 16 Years Ago


this is great! and so true...truth is indeed where we let ourselves think it is! I like the way u took sumthing aften viewed as pure and showed its dark side...:-)

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

such an odd look towards the truth. though respectful in the manner that you spoke it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2008

Author

papaed
papaed

Kansas City, MO



About
no erudite pontifications, no complex extrapolations no intentional hurtful lies, just simple age-wise aliteration and prose, of a man who's in the throes of living day to day from his head down to.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..