A certain kind of logic

A certain kind of logic

A Poem by eglantine

I imitate mirrored corners to understand

the movement of speech.  Vowels

taste like grapes and oranges; they

rot before I break the skin with my

satin-white teeth.

 

I've stubbed my toe on consonants

at least once each time I dance on the burned

crust of the sun and if I

could, I'd cup my hand to the moon's lips

and exhale my heart into its damp and stoic core.

© 2012 eglantine


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I find myself agreeing with other comments. The imagery is fantastic and a little bit fantasy like which is personally something I really enjoy, but I think you need to help the reader by telling rather than showing so much. I do like the part about the vowels and the fruit particularly though, it's a really strong image.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

well written.. flows very nicely and i personally loved it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I feel like the concept of the piece IS surrealism, you've theoretically proved that with the use of similes and comparisons that everything in essence is symbiotic, once filtered and arranged through our imaginations. So....anything IS possible. A certain kind of logic....I like that.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shmoke-Sifted Heftlander

11 Years Ago

thankfully I didn't read this review before my other explanation above..that would have been cheatin.. read more
dukovan

11 Years Ago

yep reading it for about the fourth time and you observations made this piece even more clear.
Shmoke-Sifted Heftlander

11 Years Ago

glad I could help, mostly everything of value requires many readings..ur insight was pretty on point.. read more
I don't know about everyone else, but I adore this whole piece and every part of it. I'm not saying it's a masterpiece but when it comes to what everyone is saying, this poem is perfect just the way it is. the more visual the better. The fact that It's a a challenge to figure out what it means to probably everyone, gives it a certain uniqueness to you. That's what poetry is all about. Writing what means something to you even if it makes absolutely no sense to anyone else, just read my stuff! some of my work is pooped up, probably because i'm actually insane. but anyway this is all well and good and yadda yadda yadda good poopin job yo.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i really liked the imagery. you're so good at making powerful images. but the subject just doesn't really make you *feel* anything.

Posted 11 Years Ago


'constanents' should be 'consonants' if you are talking about all the lettes besides vowels.

Great imagery... mature thoughts... well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

eglantine

11 Years Ago

haha, woops, thanks!
That_Girl

11 Years Ago

:) no problem!
Love the elegance of the imagery you portray here in your words, each line is so vivid. Great piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I find myself agreeing with other comments. The imagery is fantastic and a little bit fantasy like which is personally something I really enjoy, but I think you need to help the reader by telling rather than showing so much. I do like the part about the vowels and the fruit particularly though, it's a really strong image.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
w
Interesting read. It flows very nicely, but there is something I don't care for. I don't know if it is the surrealism or what, but I am just one man so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really liked the imagery here, although it may seem a little too surreal. I remembered Rimbaud thoughts about vowels. Beautiful end.

Posted 11 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

747 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 10, 2012
Last Updated on July 10, 2012

Author

eglantine
eglantine

Somewhere Someplace



About
I graduated with my B.A. in English (emphasis creative writing) My ultimate goal is to be the U.S. Poet Laureate and to be a college professor of poetry. I'm a wildflower with a poetic soul. I'm als.. more..

Writing
Insomnia Insomnia

A Poem by eglantine



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


L'arbre L'arbre

A Poem by eglantine