The legend of Paul Bunyan as told from the blue ox, Babe:

The legend of Paul Bunyan as told from the blue ox, Babe:

A Poem by Jean-Pierre Garcia

When my head was spinning from the growing twisting horns,

you listened and gave me happier moments still.


I will never regret walking in the dark by your side. 

Your strides grew longer and you needed to climb your own mountains and I realized how the valley widened below us with two paths in front of the hilltop.

I grew smaller in the distance traveled but every now and again I'll tell people the story of how I grew to love the forests of your existence and how for our time, the campfire we built from the deadwood kept us warm and alive. 


I couldn't carry your own burdens in a world I couldn't follow but the spark in your life was with you like a match all along.

When I look at where you've gone, where the cabin we built still stands, even with new lights inside--I'll smile and remember the twigs in your hair, the grass in between my toes and the coast winds calling us home.

© 2016 Jean-Pierre Garcia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

340 Views
Added on May 9, 2016
Last Updated on May 9, 2016

Author

Jean-Pierre Garcia
Jean-Pierre Garcia

Seattle, WA



About
I'm a gnomic meanderer. I have just the right amount of neuroticism to lock myself in my room to write, but somehow have faked myself out of it by writing on the go or for the student newspaper I wo.. more..

Writing