the lick of fire

the lick of fire

A Story by el.bennet
"

no idea where im going with this soooooo

"
It has always been said that anger drives violence, that to kill is an act of wrath and is therefore manipulated by wrath. However, in my experience this is not necessarily true. That is not to say that anger does not play a part in violence - it most certainly does - only that the forces that truly drive the knife are not anger but desperation and boredom. It may sound strange but take a second to think. Remember those times when there was an emptiness inside of your very soul, like a black hole eating you up from the inside until you didn't know if there was even something to be eaten in the first place. In those time's nothing quite fits anymore; your personality, your friends, your life, it all falls short of contentment. Suddenly nothing entertains you, all that's left is the emptiness of boredom with no escape. That's much more powerful than wrath. Wrath may boil your blood and incite a fire in your heart but you can feel it there, burning. Somehow it satisfies because at least something is there, but with boredom, there is only nothing. Nothing in every direction, nothing in the past nothing in the future, only nothing. It is much more powerful than anger. Boredom does not work alone, it may drive you insane, but desperation will push you into any act. The most heinous of murders were spawned of desperation and boredom, in their faces wrath shrinks. The best evidence for this I could offer is that people cause pain because they are experiencing it themselves and the pain they give usually equates their own. Anger may be painful, sadness may be painful, but there is no greater pain than boredom, and therefore the greatest pain is given by those who live bored. This makes it so comedic for humanity to cling to a moral high ground, competing against each other as the better person, doing good deeds and maintaining all the while that they would never commit those bad heinous acts. However, they could all fall to boredom, and the things they would do would make hypocrites of themselves. Morality means nothing because we would all be reduced to the same level if boredom chose us to strike. Most of us are lucky, we outrun the emptiness, distracting ourselves with normalcy, developing routines, filling the hole with friends and parties and emotions. But in the end we are all the same, in the end we can all become evil.

© 2018 el.bennet


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on February 19, 2018
Last Updated on February 19, 2018
Tags: boredom, philosophy, anger, emotion, murder, violence, truth

Author