Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

A Story by Faith Williamson

My hand tightened, my grip firm on my son’s shoulder.
“Okay. Calm down. I’ll give you my wallet,” I reached inside of my coat, my hand closing around the brown leather wallet.
“Don’t-don’t try anything funny!” the man stuttered, his finger quivering on the trigger.
“I won’t. I’ll just give you my wallet, and we canㅡ”
The gun went off.
Martha’s sob rang out through the night.
I fell to the ground, clutching my stomach with both hands.
“Dad!” my son dropped to my side, the tears that had already been forming in his eyes now spilling over and sliding down his cheeks.
“Shut up!” the man yelled and the gun went off again.
My wife’s body thumped to the ground next to me.
I reached out, brushing one of my hands across my son’s face. The last thing I saw were those startled blue eyes before my vision failed me, and I slipped into darkness.

My feet padded against the top of the building, my breathing ragged and heavy. I knew he was after me. I knew it was only a matter of time before he caught up to me. I would die to The Night.
I heard a light thud as he landed behind me, his grappling hook whirring. I knew I couldn’t outrun him, but why give up? I came to a stop at the edge of the building. I began to turn, but he was already on me. I couldn’t help but make a strangled noise as he grabbed me by the front of my shirt, dangling me off the edge of the building.
I could almost feel the sizzling mark on my shoulder like it was new, as if the brand were making me aware that it was there.
“Any last words?” his voice was disguised by the mechanics of his mask.
I knew what I should say. “Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One.”
But the only thing that came out was a whimper. He shoved his bat-shaped blade through me and the last thing I saw were his blue eyes before the pain receded and I slipped into eternal darkness.

© 2016 Faith Williamson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on July 2, 2016
Last Updated on July 5, 2016
Tags: Batman

Author

Faith Williamson
Faith Williamson

WV



About
I have only one book that I feel like is going anywhere and might turn into a series. I write short stories when I have writer's block until my mind starts working again. more..

Writing