Inside My Closet

Inside My Closet

A Story by Monster ^.^
"

What really scares us is the thing we hide in our closets ...

"
It has been three months since we moved in the Victorian home of my late grandfather, but never have I dared look inside the closet that was stationed in front of my bed.

It happened on the first day: I noticed it's hinges were broken; it never fully closed, so of course, I wanted to shut it, but when I got closer, I saw eyes peeping... someone was looking back at me... from inside!--I don't know if I were just hallucinating or what, but then on, I never went near it.

All my clothes were folded beside my bed. My mom always freaks out because of this. Well, she's a neat freak, after all. What's the use of your closet? She says. I wanted to tell her the reason, really, but I was afraid the monster would come out for us.

One day, she had enough. "By the end of the day, if you don't put those in, I'd be the one to do it. And no computers for a week."

If she only knew, she wouldn't make me choose in this situation. But of course, I had to do it! I must face my fears--face the monster in my closet!

I grabbed all that I can, my baseball bat and a ball... and of course, the last of my courage.

I slowly walked towards it... with my eyes in a squint... I was really really really really scared... but then I finally looked! And damn! It was still there! The monster! With those eyes that looked back!

I was overflowing with adrenaline that I suddenly pulled it open! Yeah, I'm going to challenge the beast! But when it was fully opened... I paused.

Yeah, I did. I took in what I saw. It was maybe a minute or two before I got it. I laughed of course! Foolish me, all the while, what was scaring me were my very own eyes reflected by a mirror inside the closet.

© 2013 Monster ^.^


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very good. When we face our fears sometimes they aren't there.
I was a very little girl walking with my mother when I saw a horribly deformed women coming toward us. Her face wan't even a face but seemed like white dough. I was so frightened I couldn't make a sound but kept walking...only to see that the woman was going away from us not toward us, and what I had thought was a horribly deformed face was the back of her head covered with a scarf

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Monster ^.^

11 Years Ago

Indeed! Thank you very much :)



Reviews

Monster. . You outdid yourself again.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Monster ^.^

11 Years Ago

I'd take that as a compliment... thank you!
This is a wonderful, and hilarious story. Great job!:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Monster ^.^

11 Years Ago

Thank you for having a good time :)
Very good. When we face our fears sometimes they aren't there.
I was a very little girl walking with my mother when I saw a horribly deformed women coming toward us. Her face wan't even a face but seemed like white dough. I was so frightened I couldn't make a sound but kept walking...only to see that the woman was going away from us not toward us, and what I had thought was a horribly deformed face was the back of her head covered with a scarf

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Monster ^.^

11 Years Ago

Indeed! Thank you very much :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 5, 2013
Last Updated on February 6, 2013
Tags: closet, monster, afraid, courage

Author

Monster ^.^
Monster ^.^

Philippines



About
My real name is JS Legara. I'm Male, 18 years of age, taking up Accountancy. I really love writing Short Stories, I like them funny. Since I could make through poetry and stage plays o-kay, I try t.. more..

Writing
Beyond Beyond

A Poem by Monster ^.^