The Light Through the Darkness

The Light Through the Darkness

A Story by Emily Rose
"

A cute little passage that I wrote for someone very special to me.

"
His dark lashes frame his soul-warming eyes, as if, by staring into then, I can see my future set out before me. It's within those golden tendrils that permeate the emerald green irises. They tell me stories of safety. Love. Growth. I see a future of happiness and sunshine smiles, even through the storms. For there is always a rainbow, you just have to look for it. And I will. I will wake up every day, seeing those eyes stare at me adoringly, and choose to see the rainbow with him. The paradox of it is that he's my gold at the end of the rainbow. But together, we can discover wealth. The wealth of happiness and a life worth living. Filled with adventures, within our backyards or across the globe. I know that wherever I go, I can look beside me and see his fingers intertwined with mine.
And when the darkness reaches his eyes and anxious thoughts encroach his mind, storm clouds will cover. But I make a promise to him, and to myself, that I will be the light that breaks through those clouds - the rays that pierce through and remind him that it is day. I will be the torch in the darkness that leads him to the liberation of joy. Holding his hand, as he holds mine, together we will walk the desperate mile. I know that when my battery runs out, he'll be there to replace my darkness with his light. I trust that it will be him who has his arms around me as he guides me through. "I'm right here. I'm right here. It's ok," he says. And the comfort and warmth that emanates from his soul to puncture into mine. And I accept it with open arms, vulnerable and willing to take the chance. It is the confidence in this decision that soothes me. The confidence that swells within me when I see his smile and the way his eyes light up. The certainty as he pulls me chin up, meeting his lips with mine. It's never felt so right.

© 2023 Emily Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The warmth and happiness and love just radiate off the page here. It's such a breath of fresh air to read something this sincerely joyful. The colorful descriptions and metaphors keep one reading so naturally through the end. Thanks for posting.

Posted 3 Months Ago


Emily Rose

3 Months Ago

Thank you so much! I appreciate this :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 30, 2023
Last Updated on December 30, 2023
Tags: love, love story, passage, future, fate, joy, trust

Author

Emily Rose
Emily Rose

Queensland, Australia



About
Hello creative humans! I'm on here to share my writing and receive some feedback with hopes to improve the skill. I love writing and always have, often using poetry as an outlet when life gets me d.. more..

Writing
Wondering Wondering

A Poem by Emily Rose