The death of you

The death of you

A Story by em810

Why do you cry?

You stupid girl.  You silly, naïve little girl.  You thought you could make it go away.  Was it pain?  Was it agony?  No, it was just a dull ache.  A dull ache in your core that made you feel excruciatingly empty.  And you wished that you were better.  You wished that you were stronger.  You wished that the weight of the world was a little lighter.  But you failed to recognize that everyone carries a piece of the baggage. 

You failed to see that every tear evaporates.

Your problems are temporary.

You have so many chances.

Don’t give yourself to the first person.  Don’t believe in promises.  Know when to give second chances.

He disappointed you.  He let you down again and again.

He made your tears turn to blood.  He hurt you with his words and scared you. 

Your dreams were tainted.  A shadow passed over your dreamland. 

You were on a cliff, on the brink of tears every morning and every night, a daily routine.

You took the pills and you drank away your sharp mind.  You sailed into deeper waters, though.

And when you started drowning you didn’t ask for help.

You struggled and shouted silently.  You screamed into your pillow.  You cried in the shower and watched the tears go down the drain.  You forgot yourself and drowned in what you couldn’t be.

You made it okay.  You covered your scars, your dried up tears, and the dark circles under your eyes.  You plastered a smile on your face and walked through it all.  You got through the first day.  Then the second.  And so on.

But you stare at yourself in the mirror every once in a while and you wonder what will be the death of you.

© 2013 em810


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow such a dark write... I like you're story very unique and sounded so quirky all the time and you added some creepiness into it. I Loved it. You lured me into your discourse! Very beautiful and powerful!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 16, 2013
Last Updated on February 16, 2013
Tags: dull, ache, core, empty, wish, better, stronger, weight, world, little, fail, recognize, piece, baggage, tear, chance, temporary, problem, promise, believe, disappoint, down, blood, night, dream