To Become a Ghost

To Become a Ghost

A Story by Silver Falcon

Lily was tired of moving. She was in Foster Care, and the latest family had just moved into an apartment. The apartment seemed strange. Lily dreaded going in. Slowly, she lifted her hand and knocked. The door flew open, a boy jumped out at her, getting no reaction. "You must be Duke," Lily said. Duke nodded, embarrassed. Duke Flap was the same age as Lily, twelve. He and his parents were taking her in, because the family she was suppose to be with were on vacation, and they couldn't afford to take her. She could tell that Duke had a crush on someone. She hoped it wasn't her. Duke gently took her bags and yelled, "Mom! Dad! Lily's here!" Mr. and Mrs. Flap walked out of the kitchen to greet her. They were laughing. "Sorry about the mess, we were just painting the kitchen." "I's fine,"Lily replied, grinning. She could see that they had a paint fight, Mrs. Flap was almost turquoise, while Mr. Flap looked like a dalmatian, with splashes of bright write. Duke had taken after his mom, looking pale, while his older sister, Daphne, had beautiful chocolate-brown skin like her dad. 
Daphne ran down the winding staircase and grabbed Lily's hand, dragging her to her new room.

© 2013 Silver Falcon


Author's Note

Silver Falcon
Please, add positive feedback.
I

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

it is understandable that lily is experiencing some apprehension. she's probably had some tough experiences being in foster care and when she gets the first impression of the family, it probably put her mind at ease. it's clear that the flaps would make lily feel right at home. in so little words there is so much information and insight into the characters. great job.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 25, 2013
Last Updated on October 25, 2013