The Shoes

The Shoes

A Story by emilyart

As i sit on my floor in front of my luminescent laptop screen, i happen to glance up at my closet and a certain pair of shoes catches my eye. The reason most likely being that they are a pair of 3 1/2 inch pumps completely covered in shiny, silver sequins and the soles a worn, deep purpley hue. This conclusion would have appeased my mind if it weren't such a wanderer. i begin to imagine all the dances those shoes have done, all the staircases they have walked, all the floors they have crossed, and all the feet they have graced. i purchased the shoes for Prom and had a most lovely time in them. The made me the perfect height to dance with my escort, which leads me to believe that they must be magic shoes since he was an entire foot taller than me! i wonder if all the girls who have worn them have had such luck. Is it the wearing of the shoes themselves that makes the magic? Or is there something about the shoes that only attracts people who already hold a spark of magic within themselves? So could it be that i have this spark of magic? If i wear the shoes could i click my heels enough to travel home from wherever i am? So many questions. Its just a pair of shoes. That is what i would say if i had any significant amount of practicality in my bones. Which i do not. i don't believe that a pair of silver sequined purple soled shoes could ever be ordinary. Imagine a person in possession of a silver sequined purple soled soul. That person could never be ordinary. They are shiny. They are over-the-top. They are weird and fantastical. They walk into a room as if world is theirs for the taking. Not in an arrogant way, of course, just in the entrepreneurial sense. This realization has given me even more hope. truly these shoes are magical. Surely they can give anyone radiating confidence. Surely, these are "The Shoes".

© 2015 emilyart


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on August 3, 2015
Last Updated on August 3, 2015
Tags: thoughts, shoes, imagination, creativity, journaling

Author

emilyart
emilyart

About
I'm a writer, director, song-writer, and musical theatre triple threat from the south who loves anything creative and theatrical. God bless! more..

Writing