5 Soft Skills Employers Look For When Hiring

5 Soft Skills Employers Look For When Hiring

A Story by emonics
"

Employers search for those skills that have little to do with the job's actual responsibilities. Whatever sector you work in, mastering these skills will make you a sought-after employee.

"

It's about more than technical expertise when it comes to what employers look for when attempting to fill a vacancy. Those skills are needed to carry out the job responsibilities. However, it's always the soft skills that distinguish a good employee from a great one.


Soft skills, such as teamwork, listening, and communication, may not seem to be as important as technical skills at first glance, but they have a significant effect in the workplace. Soft skills can be included in whatever career direction you choose, whether it's as a physician assistant engaging with patients, a marketing professional making a presentation, or a software developer working in a team. Companies can train workers in technical skills, but soft skills are far more difficult to teach. If you walk in the door with in-demand soft skills that aren't easily taught, you'll get an employer's attention right away.


Take a look at these soft skills so you're ready to start your job search. You can also find that you already possess many of the top skills that employers seek while recruiting.


1. Time management


Companies in any industry value meeting deadlines and remaining effective. As a result, time management is an essential skill for workers who are managing several tasks at the same time. Employers want to know that their staff can handle their time effectively so that bosses don't have to keep an eye on them to make sure they're on track.


According to Miles, the ability to effectively handle time is often demonstrated during the interview process. Being on time will help you get off to a good start in your interview. Try talking about times in your life when you had a lot of conflicting goals and how you managed to keep on top of deadlines.


2. Communication


You won't get far in the workplace if you can't interact effectively with those around you. Any of the issues that have arisen in the past could have been avoided with better communication. Employers prize this ability because it helps them to reduce risk and prevent problems before they occur.


In the modern age, having good communication skills requires being able to write and communicate clearly, both in person and over the internet using resources like video conferencing and email. Active listening, asking questions, recalling the interviewer's name, and sending a thank-you note are all ways to show your communication skills in an interview.


3. Teamwork


When it comes to the ability to work together as a community, no career choice is excluded. Also, jobs that require you to do a lot of independent work would always require you to work with others. Every function and team in an organization is interconnected. Employees who can collaborate together with others and consider their perspectives are more likely to come up with innovative ideas quickly and effectively.


The value of teamwork cannot be overstated, and it is a skill you should emphasize to employers during your interview. Make brief references to times when you worked together as a group, whether in school or at a previous job and share the good results that came as a result of your group's efforts.


4. Digital literacy


We live in a technologically advanced era where digital literacy is needed in nearly every occupation. Digital literacy is in high demand in fields other than technology. In today's workplace, familiarity with computers, online testing, and apps, as well as industry-specific software, is required.


If mastering technology isn't your strong suit, there are several ways to improve your digital literacy. If this soft skill is out of control, make it clear that you are willing to go above and beyond to learn new skills and to follow your natural curiosity. Curios people make a deliberate effort to discover, investigate, and learn without the need for external persuasion. Such individuals are invariably a part of the solution.


5. Emotional intelligence


Emotional intelligence is the capacity to recognize and comprehend your own and others' emotions. This is particularly useful in the workplace, where teams collaborate to keep businesses running smoothly. If cooperation is a key component of a successful business, emotional intelligence is the glue that holds it all together.


One of the most telling signs that you have high emotional intelligence is empathy. It's important to feel facts from the viewpoint of a colleague in order to become a valuable employee. This single change in mindset contributes to the development of vibrant, optimistic company culture.


Conclusion


Employers are looking for more than mindless drones to carry out their instructions. They want people on their team who can spot a problem and fix it, so tell them about times when you found a problem and devised a feasible solution.

© 2021 emonics


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

If they were qualified theywouldn't be spamming this site with bullshit listed as a story.

As someone who was chief engineer at a successful electronics company, and who worked in the field, for forty years, in major companies, I can tell you that the claims made in this article are pure bullshit. You are hired on the basis of your knowledge of the field and your prior successes. They claim to be a headhunter, but none of this crap is related to getting a job

The part on time management is 100% nonsense.

And "digital literacy?" What moron came up with that term? They're saying that to do the job you need to understand the job, which is like saying, "Mashed potatoes have no bones." It's true, and obvious, but so what?

And the big advice in the last paragraph is to tell the prospective employer of your successes? Seriously?

Bottom line: This is just another Indian company trying to scam those in other countries.
https://www.reddit.com/r/jobs/comments/hup7w9/scam_or_not/


Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
1 Review
Added on April 21, 2021
Last Updated on April 21, 2021
Tags: employer, hiring, jobs, softskills

Author

emonics
emonics

Jersey City, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
Get IT Staffing Solutions and hire qualified IT professionals from Emonics LLC. We deliver immediate access to top-notch talent. we have the connections to get your IT staffing solutions in place with.. more..