Our Place

Our Place

A Story by i'mjustalonelywriter
"

After a tragic accident, will Lucia Wingfield ever be able to find love again? Not near finished.

"
The differences here are sickening. This is not the place I've remembered, nor is it the joyful setting captured in the photographs of my childhood. It's not the crackling leaves beneath my feet or the wind ruffling them; its the shadow that's lingering in the corners beside the old brick church and the rust forming on the now unsounding bell that changes my opinion of this place; our place.
The old rope ladder that barely hangs in place is rough and slightly charred beneath my hands. The fire must not have lasted very long. Hopefully it can still hold.
It wasn't really Ervin Willingham who set the fire to the long gone flowers running down the church from the bell tower to the ground. It was a perfect frame though. Every citizen in Knightville knew Ervin had blamed Jamie for the death of his younger brother, Braiden. They all figured he sought revenge.
James Leon Michaels. Just thinking his name brings blood back to my cheeks. We were young and very much in love. He was my everything, and I was his. We used to climb up this same ladder to the bell tower late on humid summer nights, and back down in the chill of the morning. This tower was our place to share secrets in our youth, and to make them as we got older. Jamie had been my first boyfriend, kiss, caress, and lover. It had all happened hidden under the flowers.
We didn't mean any harm, Jamie and I. We just wanted to have our own graduation party, alone in our place. One rose was to be lit, or that was our plan. We were saying goodbye to all of our heart-drumming memories of the soon to be past. But the fiery glow of the rose was too beautiful, and we had soon emptied the package of matches. The glorious heat soon became too much and we couldn't breathe. Then, it all went black.
The next think I remember is waking up in the hospital. I was told Jamie and I were found in each others arm, clinging to one another. How epic, huh?  And poor Ervin was found near the church with matches and gasoline. He more than likely had the idea to burn us out, but we beat him too it. It was automatically assumed this was Ervin's payback towards Jamie, and we said no different.
It all sounded very romantic to our friends, and to us too. We never left each others side, being the picture perfect couple after the event we went through. Our doctors were impressed with our lack of trauma, and we were let free to roam the world.
I stayed with my parents another year, and so did he. About four months after the accident, we drifted apart. He went off to some college in Michigan, and I decided to stay and attend the culinary school not too far from my house.
The days flashed by as if I were watching them in a movie. Soon I was graduated and opening my own bakery on main street- Ice My Pwease?

© 2012 i'mjustalonelywriter


Author's Note

i'mjustalonelywriter
It's not nearly finished yet, but maybe you could tell me if its worth finishing?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on October 24, 2012
Last Updated on October 25, 2012

Author

i'mjustalonelywriter
i'mjustalonelywriter

IN



About
I'm Emily, but I really hate the name. Emi is preferable, if you must call me something. My obsessions? Writing, of course, but also BOTDF. I'm in love with Jayy..too bad he's gay, right? I writ.. more..

Writing