The Monsters Among us

The Monsters Among us

A Story by Emmalee Lundberg
"

17yr old James Hunter burns down his foster home on accident with his newly found powers from a world called Infra. He embarks on a journey to find who he should trust and which world he should save.

"

CHAPTER ONE:

JAMES XERXES HUNTER

 

          The fire blazed and so did his anger. He screamed yet no one helped for they were all dead. This wasn't supposed to happen; people don’t burst into flames when he was angry. He had been annoyed at them but now that they were dead all his previous rage was directed at himself. He was mournful because he had killed them, he had killed them all.

The sounds of sirens broke through the diminishing flames. The stench of the bodies followed the fleeting smoke. Firemen burst into the foster home leaving the once red door in splinters. He heard the fireman yelling asking if anyone was there.

He coughed and then let out in the loudest voice, he could make at the moment,  “Here, I’m over here, please help me!”

The firemen dashed towards him, and grabbed his body, dragging him out of the building. He could feel the oxygen flood into his lungs as he took his first breath of fresh air. He turned to find a fireman walking towards him.

“What is your name?” the fireman asked.

“James Hunter” he replied

The fireman continued on asking questions that James paid no attention to.

 “Do you know how the fire started?” the fireman asked.

James shifted in the back of the ambulance uncomfortable and replied honestly, “I don’t really know how it started. Everything just happened so quickly, one moment everything was fine and then the next there were flames everywhere.”

 He looked where the building used to stand remembering the memories he had shared with the other kids that had stayed there with him. He remembered causing trouble for the Foster care directors with many other kids. He remembered sticking up for each other and getting in fights for them. But now all those times were lost and they were dead, all because of him.

He remembered disobeying the directors; he was supposed to have cleaned his room but had left it a mess, with his clothes covering the floor and his bed unmade. If he would return to the building he wouldn’t even be sure as to where his room would be, for all he knew he could’ve been standing in the kitchen. The tan walls of the two story building were now nonexistent; the walls were hardly even there now. The road in front of the building was now blocked off as cop cars and fire trucks came to contain the diminishing fire. The occasional person would get out of their car and try to see what had happened but would quickly return for the cold would nip their ears and necks forcing them to leave.

The fireman nodded. “Come with us for a bit so we can contact your next guardian.”

James followed the tan fireman to the cop cars as the fireman waved him into the squad car. James opened the door a little reluctantly but finally sat down, he saw the fireman walk off. A cop started heading that way; he reached the car and got himself situated inside. The cop had almost peppered hair with a crew cut. He also had broad shoulders and a tall stature. James read the cops name tag and found that his name was John Winshiel.

“Alright James, we are gonna head to the station for a bit,” the cop explained.

James looked out the window indifferently, “thanks” he said after a few moments of studying the landscape.

John started the car and drove off the empty streets to the station. The station was made of bricks, and had Police Station titled above the doors. James entered the building and was escorted by John to the interrogation room.  James sat in the chair across the table and studied the drab room. The police man left him alone and shut the door, which was a brownish color. ‘What’s up with all the brown around here?’ James speculated trying to get his mind off of the previous events.

He looked up into the mirror across the room and studied his own features. He had short messy black hair and somewhat pale skin. His eyes scared him a bit instead of the sapphire blue eyes he had before, only one eye remained the original color, the other was a brilliant green. Before he could think about as to why his eye color had changed the police officer from before named John walked back in followed by a man he had never seen before. John left James with the other man. This man was not wearing a uniform, but was wearing what looked to be an expensive suit. The man styled his dark brown hair with a slick business man look to it. The man carried himself with a sense of importance making James wonder why he was even there.

The man cleared his throat, “I will be your new caretaker, and you can stay at my schools dormitory, making you a student of Verum Academia.”

James looked up a little confused as to why this man would be here asking for him to come to the prestigious Verum Academia; his grades were mostly C’s and D’s no match to the all A students at Verum Academia. “I'm a little confused… sir, why would you want me to go to your school?”

“Let’s just say it’s an agreement I made with someone close to me.” The man answered leaving more questions than were asked.

James pondered the man’s answer for a few moments than asked another question cautiously, “Who would that be sir, I don’t know anyone who would do something like that for me?”

Mr. Wright hurriedly answered, “The time for questions is nearly over; follow me we have quite a few miles to travel before we reach the academy.”

“Could I at least ask what you name is?”

“How could I forget, my name is Kent Wright, call me Mr. Wright.” He answered; obviously this guy was an airhead.

          James followed Mr. Wright to his silver sports car; he climbed into the passenger seat and waited for Mr. Wright to get into the car. When Mr. Wright finally got into the car and started it, the engine roared to life, and darted into the now abandoned streets. As the scenery changed from pine trees to naked trees standing strong in the harsh winter cyclone while time passed from what seemed to be minutes to hours, James found himself drifting off to sleep.

-

          James awoke to a slight shaking on his broad shoulders. Forcing open his one sapphire blue eye and his intense green eye he saw Mr. Wright sitting next to him impatiently, obviously waiting for him. James rubbed his eyes tiredly to find that the car was parked in front of an old dormitory and that it had grown dark while he had dozed off.

          “Let’s go James. If you want a good night’s sleep, which you will need, we need to get you set up as soon as possible.” Mr. Wright said as he opened the car door letting some cold winter air seep into the heated car. James groaned inwardly but reluctantly got out of the car. Looking up at the one story building that looked worn down and as if it hadn’t been used for years he thought ‘maybe it’ll look better in the daylight?’ He entered through the heavy front door and then hurried to catch up to Mr. Wright who had gone ahead without pausing for him. Through darkened hallways passing 3 other doors they walked until they turned to the left and Mr. Wright unlocked the entrance to the fourth door they came to with a weighty click.

          “Well James, I’ll be off. I have a school to run, see you in the morning.” explained Mr. Wright as he switched on the light to the room they had entered and walked off back down the hall they had come from.

          After a moment James mumbled, “Yeah… see ya.” He looked around the room in disgust dropping his backpack crowded with his hastily packed belongings on the decrepit floor. It was covered in spider webs, dust, and other undesirable debris.

          James started the process of getting himself situated, placing his few belongings in their new home, which included his meager supply of clothes and toiletries that were salvaged from the traumatic experience earlier that day. He picked up one of his shirts pulling open the undersized chest of drawers. The drawer grated against the decaying wood making a very undesirable sound causing him to flinch.

          After placing his possessions in their rightful places he collapsed onto his bed covering his face with his hands. ‘What happened back there?’ One second he was arguing with the director and the next the director and everyone else were screaming in pain begging for it to stop. After that his memory became fuzzy but right before that he remembered seeing bright scorching azure flames. ‘I seriously need to find out what is going on here.’

          “I can help with that.” A feminine voice whispered deviously in his mind before he sank into unconsciousness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER TWO:

VERUM ACADEMIA

 

          James abruptly opened his eyes remembering he had to go to a new school that day. He quickly got up and tripped over a bag that was not there the night before. ‘How’d that get here?’ he thought perplexed as he soothed his aching toe. After a few moments of cooing his pain he grabbed a pair of jeans, a comfy black t-shirt, and a gray hoodie. With his clothes he marched out the dorm and to the community bathroom across the hall.

          After a brisk, much needed shower James quickly got dressed and headed towards the entrance of the building he had entered late the day before. He left the dormitory to find that it in fact looked 10 times worse than it did last night. A few of the windows in the front were broken and had jagged glass sticking out, ‘Now that’s a danger hazard, you could be seriously injured from accidently being stabbed by that glass’ he reflected as he gathered himself and walked towards the school building, which was not hard to find since it was distinctly over four stories tall making it especially difficult to miss.

          On the campus of Verum Academia James found that the students were all wearing prestigious looking uniforms with their names stitched onto their jackets. He suddenly felt very out of place striding through the crowd of identical high-status uniformed students in his noticeably slipshod clothes. As he walked through the school’s doors and to Mr. Wright’s office he could feel the offensive stares of the students judging him. He could hear their quiet whispers asking each other if they knew who the “thug guy” was. Their eyes blazed with disdain already condemning him to the life of an outsider. Reaching Mr. Wright’s office seemed to be a never ending journey with no shortage of obstacles. He reached the door to find Mr. Wright really was the principle. ‘Well, he wasn’t joking when he said he had a school to run,’ mused James ‘I couldn’t even last 5 minutes in this school without having to meet the principle, that’s a new record.’ Before James could even knock on the door it opened to reveal a painfully cheerful Mr. Wright.

          “Good morning!” Mr. Wright said way too optimistically.

           “Yeah whatever, um why didn’t you tell me that there were uniforms? ‘Cause that would’ve been nice to know beforehand,” James said dryly.

          “Didn’t cross my mind at the time,” He replied frankly.

          James shoved his thumbs into his pockets and then briskly walked past Mr. Wright and sat down on a plush coach, “So, well I was wonderin’ if I could, I don’t know, have a uniform? I would like to go through today without being an immediate outcast.” He said derisively.

          Mr. Wright sat down across from James and crossed his legs and seemed to contemplate it for a moment. “I do believe we would have to customize any uniform we gave you. You see, most of the boys who come here aren’t really…” He paused looking for the correct wording. “Well, let’s just say they are not that athletic in build, if you know what I mean. The uniforms would be a little undersized on you James. You have to consider your height; bearing in mind most guys your age aren’t as tall as you.”

          James paused contemplating Mr. Wright’s words on the matter. He knew he had always looked a little intimidating with a height of 6’2’’ at only 17 but he didn’t think they wouldn’t have his size. “I could at least try, you know? I mean, you don’t exactly look like a clothes expert to me. And if it doesn’t fit I can carry it with me to at least make it look like I actually go here, “James retorted stubbornly.

          Mr. Wright got up smoothly muttering a “fine” as he went out the door. James relaxed in his chair with a tired sigh putting his face in his hands as soon as Mr. Wright had disappeared behind the closing door. ‘I just want to go back to sleep and never wake up.’ Mr. Wright returned a jacket in hand. He sighed, “This is the largest jacket we have in stock. You can try it for now, but later we will have to make a larger size and customize an entire new uniform for you.”

          “Thanks” James mumbled out as he took the jacket from Mr. Wright’s outstretched hand. He slipped the jacket on over his hoodie and found that although it was a little snug, it fit pretty well. If you didn’t count that it squeezed his biceps rather painfully.

          James walked down the corridors and found that the eyes that had seemed to be condemning him were not a harsh in their judgment of him as they had seemed earlier that morning. He entered the first class on the schedule Mr. Wright had given him along with his jacket. It was a chemistry class. ‘Great, chemical accidents blamed on me just waiting to happen’ he thought angrily. ‘Just what I wanted to have first thing in the morning.’

He took an empty seat in the very back of the classroom dropping his schedule on the desk where it slipped off onto the floor. Letting out an aggravated sigh he bent down to pick up his schedule placing a hand on his desk to steady himself. He picked his schedule up using the desk as support as he stood up, except he heard the ominous sound of splitting wood. Before he could even comprehend that the desk had broke under his grip he was on his back on the ground with half the desk in his hand the rest of it in a small pile of bits next to his head.

He laid there in shock, anger, and embarrassment for a couple seconds before calmly sitting up, placing the bit of desk he had in his hand on the floor and standing up. He looked around seeing the mixed faces of horrified, snickering, and stunned students. He nodded in greeting at the now silent students. Schedule now safely in hand he cleared a space in the debris that was previously a desk and sat down on the floor waiting for class to start as if nothing had happened and sitting on the floor were completely ordinary.

‘If that’s not an omen of things to come, I don’t know what is.’ James speculated.

 

-

 

          As the final bell rang signaling that school was officially over, James gathered his supplies and rushed out of the building determined to go back to his dormitory and at least make a good impression on his dorm mates if he hadn’t already destroyed his chances. Reaching his dormitory in only moments he found that there were still no people there yet, ‘strange, why I haven’t seen anyone here yet?’ Sensing a presence behind him he turned swiftly to see Mr. Wright approaching him.

          “What are you doing here?” James asked curiously.

          “Thought I’d try explaining a few things to you,” Mr. Wright answered in his usual cheerful manner.

          James looked at him miffed, “Which would be?”

          “How the fire started.” Mr. Wright replied nonchalantly.

          “Wait, you know how it started!? Why didn’t you tell the cops or the firemen?” James roared.

          Mr. Wright motioned for James to follow him and calmly led the way into the old dormitory, his face a mask of placid unconcern not betraying a hint of their rather grim conversation. He stopped in the small foyer, if you could call it that. “I would have told them but they simply wouldn’t have believed me, thus resulting in you ending up in prison.”

          James inquired puzzled, “Prison? Why on earth would I have ended up there? I didn’t start the fire! And why wouldn't they have believed you? And if they wouldn’t believe you then why should I?”

          Mr. Wright stepped closer and moved his head to whisper in James ear menacingly, “Because you are the cause. You killed them.”

 

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 3:

THE TRUTH BEHIND THE FIRE

         

“What?” James choked out shaken to his core. “How could I have done that? If I caused it, doesn’t that mean I'm a murderer?” Mr. Wright had accused him of murder. Of his only friends and pseudo-family no less. James felt an inexplicable rage and disbelief rise inside him. As it rose and reached its crest the lamp next to his bed burst into onyx flames.

Mr. Wright shifted a little uncomfortably and let his words fall slowly from his mouth, “Yes. You could take it that way.”

“Why the hell do you think murdered my only friends and family!? How could I even do that!?” he screeched in an enraged voice.

“Have you ever heard of Infra?” Mr. Wright asked calmly as if he were asking if he had seen the latest popular movie.

“No,” James answered upset and infuriated. “Why? Does that even matter right now?”

Mr. Wright sat down on one of the two decrepit chairs and motioned for James to sit. James sat if not reluctantly, obviously still wound up. “Infra is a world that coexists with our world, like a door I would say, in our world we host docile creatures known as humans. When I say coexist I don’t mean that we are on good terms, just that it exists and happens to be connected to our world.”

“How can you call our world docile with all its murderers, criminals, and wars?” James interrupted.

“We are docile compared to what Infra hosts. In the world of Infra monsters abound. Monsters that can force fear into any human’s mind until it has completely taken over them. That fear will continue to wreak havoc in their brain until it turns to pure madness,” Mr. Wright continued, “No matter how delicate or innocent the monsters may appear they only wish for your soul and your sanity to be theirs. You see, they must feed off of other’s to maintain theirs.”

“What is this world…? Infra like?” James pondered honestly curious.

“It is a world filled with lunacy, the monsters that live there are all insane. Of course they are not deranged to begin with. The madness of their world crept into their minds slowly and the insanity took over their souls. I guess you could say they have a screw loose. A very loose screw.”

“Ok then. So what does this asylum known as the world Infra have to do with the fire I supposedly started?” James asked figuring it couldn’t hurt to try believing his outrageous story.

“It has everything to do with it. You are the son of their king, Vita Mors after all. You have inherited his flames, yet you seem to have also inherited your mothers form. Quite strange indeed. Your mother was a very gentle and kind human but died shortly after you were born. It’s amazing she was even able to give birth to you at all. ” Mr. Wright explained. He looked at his watch on his wrist examining the time. “It is late and you have much to think about. I must go I still have some things to sort out considering your enrollment.”

   “Wait!” James exclaimed before Mr. Wright opened the door to leave. “Before you go can you answer one more question for me?”

“I see why not. What is it?”

“Why haven’t I seen any other people in this dormitory?” James asked. He had been wondering about it for a while but had completely forgotten when Mr. Wright had dropped this sudden revelation on him.

“I wasn’t expecting that to be your question since you just received some chilling information but I will give you your answer,” Mr. Wright went on as he put his hand back on the door handle to open it. “You live here alone, there are no other tenants.” At that last comment he walked out the door leaving James truly alone in his solitary abode.

 

-

 

 

James fell back onto his bed, he had learned too much for one day and his head felt like it was going to explode from the barrage of information. Half of what he had learned he wasn’t even sure he believed it or even wanted to believe it. ‘How can there be no other tenants in this dormitory? Seems like a waste of space.’ He looked outside his window to find that the sky had grown considerably darker. In the distance he thought he saw a shadow of a small animal running towards the dorm and quickly at that. Shaking the image from his head as his head playing tricks with him he kicked his shoes off and laid back with his arms supporting his head.

He stared at the ceiling of his dwelling lost in thought until he was slowly and imperceptibly consumed by an unshakable fear, within that fear he lost consciousness.

 

-

 

James jolted up screaming and covered in sweat. He felt all around trying to see where he was. When he was able to stand up he fell off the ledge he had been sitting up on into an abyss. The world around him was filled with once beautiful cities but that where now in ruin torn apart by battles long forgotten. He could see something coming towards him slowly at first and then faster until it was only moments away from him. He screamed and fell back in horror as a white fox like creature with three tails approached him. Its body shifted. First its snout caved in its shoulders cracking into new positions, the paws elongated, the tail shortened, until finally it distorted into the form of a beautiful girl with long snowy hair.

          She extended her pale arm to him, “Master, please return to Infra with me.”

          James was mesmerized with her beauty; she had stunning dark grey eyes with long dark lashes. James was tempted to accept her offer; it seemed so tantalizing to go with this strange and beautiful girl to who knows where. He didn’t care as long as he was with her. His mind suddenly traveled back to the memory of her monstrous form moments before.

Pushing her away he shouted, “Monster! Why would I follow you any where?” As soon as those words left his mouth the girl burst into onyx flames but not before he saw the sickening look of utter betrayal and grief on her lovely face. James shrieked afraid that he had inadvertently taken a life.

The girl remained after the flames vanished. She turned towards him saying in a hushed tone, “As you desire, my master. But before I leave I want to know, can you really trust the man known as Mr. Wright?”

-

 

          James awoke once again, this time he wasn’t yelling, but his room was in ruins. The floor had scratch marks on them as if an animal had dug its claws into the moldy wood flooring while being dragged away by a stronger force, not only was the floor torn it also had burn marks. He turned and saw that his curtains had black flames engulfing them. Jumping up and out of his bed he ripped the curtains off the wall and stomped on them putting the fire out. Trying to calm himself he turned to switch on the light, with the light engulfing the shadows of the night he felt a bit calmer but could not shake the fear that had consumed him in his dream.

A few moments later he heard the pitter patter of feet running across the barren floors just outside his door. James little by little headed across his floor towards the sound of running. He remembered that before Mr. Wright had left he had informed James that there were no other tenants in the dormitory, so James had no idea what I could be. He reached towards the doorknob but it started to turn from the other side of the door. James rammed into the door trying to force it to stay shut fearing what could be on the other side.

Even with all of James strength he could not hold the door shut and in came a man he had come to know, but ever since the girl in his dreams asked him if he could really trust thins man, James didn’t know whether or not he was relieved to see him.

A little exasperated James asked, “Mr. Wright what are you doing here?”

“I was worried,” Mr. Wright said as he wiped a little sweat off his young looking face, “is that a crime?”

James looked down disappointed in himself for doubting the man that had helped him and just because of the words a monster, no matter how beautiful, had said. “No, sorry but how did you know I needed help?”

“You know how I told you about Infra and our world, well there are humans who seek to protect it by cleansing the worlds of those monsters. I am one of them, known as the SALVARE, and with protecting the world we gain privileges and powers from the monsters that have left Infra for a greater good. The power I received is to know when a person, who in this case is you James, is in trouble.”

“I don’t think I would have ever believed you if I hadn’t seen some of these things happen myself.”

“Neither would I have expected you to, but you have seen some horrific creatures and you own your own bit of monster inside of you.”

As Mr. Wright said this James couldn’t help but feel that Mr. Wright might try to hurt him because of the half of him that was a monster. “You wouldn't hurt a human though, would you?”

“Only if they were ever found to be a threat.”

James could feel the hostility in Mr. Wright’s voice; James started backing towards the window slowly. When he got close enough to the window he broke the glass and jumped through the jagged pieces running towards nowhere in particular just away. He continued running looking back only once, and that was his mistake because the moment he did he saw Mr. Wright directly behind him with no chance of escaping.

Mr. Wright pounced and easily pinned James to the ground with his knee. James was sure he was going to die but found that Mr. Wright held no weapon of any sort.

“I wasn’t going to kill you if that’s what you thought,” Said Mr. Wright calmly.

“You can’t really think I would believe that, now could you?” James replied curtly.

“No, I don’t, but it’s the truth. I want you to answer my question truthfully,” Mr. Wright replied. “So whose side do you choose; the Earths or Infras?”

“The Earths obviously, who would fight on the side of monsters?” James screamed.

Mr. Wright stood up and extended his arm out to James, “I do believe you made the correct choice.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 4:

SALVARE

 

          Returning to the run down dormitory James and Mr. Wright headed towards the small common room.

          “So what now?” James asked. “I chose the human side, what am I supposed to do?”

          “There is a small cram school that I host in the Academia,” Mr. Wright replied enthusiastically, “I will have you join that class,”

          “Wait, another school?!”

“The cram school will start around 11pm, for you to be able to get in to the building you will need a seal.”

          “Ok sounds fabulous,” he said, his voice thick with sarcasm, “What type of seal?” James questioned with little interest.

“Normally you would be given a tattoo symbolizing your weakness, in which your weakness would be wrath. We give you the tattoo to remind you to overcome the weakness, the reason we need to  create a seal so that your demonic powers don’t control you, But because your father is Vita Mors the King of Infra it makes it difficult for us to create the seal. You will not be able to receive the tattoo until we seal away the demons power inside of you.”

          “Why do we have to seal them?” James enquired. “Couldn’t we just give me the tattoo and leave my powers unstopped?”

          “We could try but the tattoo is made from monster blood, by doing that it also gives us a superior power than those of an average human.” Mr. Wright said.

          “Fine seal first,” James muttered

           James held out his arm, Mr. Wright grasped his wrist with deathly cold hands. James’s blood suddenly started boiliing inside his arm and turned black cutting open his arm, the dark blood rushed up his arm racing towards his back. James jumped out of his seat pushing it far back sending the chair crashing through the wall. Screaming he tore off his shirt, looking into a mirror that wasn’t too far away from him, he saw the blood. It was somehow turning into an ink and forming an angel ready for war on his back. The angel elegantly knelt down on his right knee while lowering his face it brought its wings around him when he suddenly stopped, the image had stopped moving altogether.

          “How…” James breathed exasperatedly, “how did that happen?! What was that!?”

          Mr. wright leaned back a litte, “well that wasn’t supposed to happen,” he said as he started to rub the stubble on his face.

          “what do you mean… and what’s up with the angel on my back,” James asked. “And how long will I have it?”

          “I guess its proof of your lineage, I’m assuming it will be there for the rest of your life.” Mr. Wright continued. “I guess we will just have to settle with a normal tattoo.”

          “We should have just started with that in the first place!” James retorted angrily.

          “Well yours will be different than the rest for sure.”

-

 

          After school was over James headed back towards his dormitory worn-out from the other students glares and disapproving looks. He hadn’t let them bother him at the time but now all he wanted was to be understood. Before he got to the dormitory he took a quick left and headed into the wooded area near his dorm. He passed about 20 fir trees before he stopped and swept away some branches on the ground. Underneath was a wood hatch with metal nails and a handle. He grabbed the latch and climbed down an ancient looking ladder. After a few moments of climbing down the ladder it came to a sudden stop forcing James to jump down. He hit the floor with a thud, water splashing all over his jeans. Feeling around on the brick wall James found a small switch and turned the lights on to find that he was in a grandly decorated corridor. Following Mr. Wrights instructions James walked towards the 7th door on the left.

          James clutched the door knob and twisted it thinking he would find it to have the other six students in it. He opened the door to find the room empty. James walked towards the desks and sat in the one farthest to the right. James heard the door knob turning so he quickly turned around, only to see the girl from his nightmare. She walked over to the desk directly behind him without saying a word.

          “Um… hi, I’m Brynne,” said a girl that had walked in right behind the fox girl. “What’s your name?”

          James looked at her but didn’t say anything and just continued to stare at her, she looked away embarrassed. “James” he finally said.

          “For a moment I thought you weren’t going to talk to me,” Brynne said relieved. “Can I sit next you?

          “Sure,” James said uncaringly.

          Sitting down she decided to try to strike a conversation, “so… what’s your sin, mines envy” she said as she pulled her pony tail to the side to show him the word Envy printed on her neck

“Hmm.”James said grunted. “Mine’s wrath” not bothering to show her

          “Cool,” She took a little mirror out of her bag and reapplied her sparkly pink lip gloss as she did so 4 other students walked in but James didn’t pay much attention to them.

          The door opened for the last time and in walked a man probably in his mid-thirties, he had dark stubble and a receding hairline.

          “Good evening,” the man said, “I will be teaching you the course about the different classes or races of monsters in Infra. My name is Mr. Smith. Before I start I would like to go around the room and have each of you introduce yourselves and what your sin is. Later in the Alright starting with you,” he said looking at James.

          “I’m James Hunter and my sin is wrath.”

          “Hi everyone! I’m Brynne Anderson and my sin is envy.”

          The introductions continued but James didn’t care about any of them except the girl with the pale hair. It took only a few moments for it to be her turn.

          “I’m Tykena Lee my sin is greed,” She said shortly.

Alright, introductions are over.” Mr. Smith said sternly. “Time to start the class.”

© 2015 Emmalee Lundberg


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I haven't finished it yet but as I go on I will update the story.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Added on November 23, 2014
Last Updated on February 21, 2015

Author

Emmalee Lundberg
Emmalee Lundberg

Eagle, ID



About
I enjoy writing and reading fictional books, I am an artist who enjoys painting realistic and surrealist paintings. I am currently in 8th grade, I enjoy spending time with my friends and improving my .. more..