Finally free

Finally free

A Poem by emz

 

I sip my wine, the soft velvet textures fill my soul,

i think of you, and wonder why you didn't tell the truth.

I light my cigarette and watch the smoke, fold and unfold,

wrapping around memories of lies so uncouth.

 

I secretly hope your'e unhappy with her,

realising the grass was like hay on the other side,

sharp and yellow with a smell of sulphur,

wishing you had came clean and not lied.

 

I pour myself another glass of merlot,

light another cigarette as i smile,

glad my mood has lifted from such low,

knowing i can now be floating high.

© 2008 emz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The feeling of betrayal is evident in this poem that portrays it so honestly with lines like "I secretely hope you're unhappy with her." that give us a glimpse of lingering sadness. I can't decide which was more hurtful - the infidelity or the feeling of trust betrayed by the lies. I like the way that by the second glass of wine and cigarette, acceptance is portrayed that seems to soothe the soul a bit and redirect the subject toward the future. Great emotion conveyed in an almost subdued kind of way. Wonderful write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


you portray such a dark side to romance in this piece, you showed with the use of wine and cigarettes how people try to hide behind or make themselves feel better with such things and you did it magnificantly!

Posted 16 Years Ago


"I sip my wine, the soft velvet textures fill my soul, i think of you, and wonder why you didn't tell the truth.
I light my cigarette and watch the smoke, fold and unfold" Just adore these lines here, well said and very well written, can picture the whole thing. Love can hurt and bite know the feelings all to well, You have done a well job here with this write. Like this keep penning always.


Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 11, 2008

Author

emz
emz

sunderland, England



About
My name is Emma, i have been writing poetry since i was a young girl. I am also in the process of writing a novel. This is a complete different dicipline and i am finding it hard but will not give up... more..

Writing
When You! When You!

A Poem by emz


Lovers Tears Lovers Tears

A Poem by emz


No forgiveness No forgiveness

A Poem by emz