Look at me

Look at me

A Poem by emz

 

 

Come with me my darling, theres something you need to see

not the trees or flowers sweetheart, its more than that, its me.

Look into my eyes my love, tell me what you feel

Does the beating of my heart tell you that i,m real?

 

When i touch your gentle lips, do you want to cry?

Do you sink in soft white clouds, with my silent sigh.

Tell me how the world looks now when i,m in your arms

is it sun and rain and wind, turbulant and calm?

 

Together is a wondrous word, do you feel thats true?

Will you always see just us, never one but two.

Come with me my darling, and look beyond the sea

far away to paradise, but please will you see me?

© 2008 emz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like the idea of this poem, nicely romantic and with some eroticism though not in your face eroticism. I like the nature references, I guess because I too love nature. I am not a fan of rhyme though, as most contemporary poetry does not rhyme, there are a few exceptions however like Plath's Lady Lazarus and Daddy which are two great poems that I recommend reading if you like to rhyme from time to time. I still think you need to work on using more concrete nouns and less abstract nouns and use more sense imagery like colorful descriptive adjectives. I struggle with that also, but I notice poems that have those things are just better.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Great job emz, I really like this one. I liked the flow, rhyme, imagery just everything about it. I love the gentleness of it and the love. Going in faves. SUPER JOB SMILES ;)

Posted 15 Years Ago


nice work here missy, it flowed great, and all the longing & questions made for a fantastic read. peace. jake.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Emotional write here, like how this is written.

Posted 15 Years Ago


A plaintive plea. some are incapable of seeing below the surface
I enjoyed the way you constructed your writing a regular rhyme pattern but little attention paid t meter the essential ingredient to kake your words flow smoothly ivor

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 23, 2008

Author

emz
emz

sunderland, England



About
My name is Emma, i have been writing poetry since i was a young girl. I am also in the process of writing a novel. This is a complete different dicipline and i am finding it hard but will not give up... more..

Writing
When You! When You!

A Poem by emz


Lovers Tears Lovers Tears

A Poem by emz


No forgiveness No forgiveness

A Poem by emz