SO ANCIENT AS BECOMES FOSSIL POETRY

SO ANCIENT AS BECOMES FOSSIL POETRY

A Poem by E.P. Robles
"

The phrase "So ancient as becomes fossil poetry" seems to imply that the work of great poets from the past has become fossilized, preserved for future generations.

"
In the age of the new millennium,   Amidst the world's changing ways,
There came a voice so bold and true,  A poet of the modern days.
With words that cut like a sharp-edged sword, And phrases that sing like a song,
This poet's words will be forever adored, a legacy forever long.
His poetry spoke of love and strife, Of the human spirit and its quest,
of words inspired and gave new life, yo those who sought to do their best.
His verses echoed through the ages, ss people passed them down,
Their words still read on yellowed pages, their voice a lasting crown.
And so we honor this poet great, Whose words still ring so true,
We celebrate his timeless state, and all they continue to do.
:: 04.12.2023 ::

© 2023 E.P. Robles


Author's Note

E.P. Robles
The rest of the poem appears to be a tribute to a modern poet whose work is similarly enduring. The poet is described as bold and true, with words that cut like a sword and phrases that sing like a song. The poem speaks of the poet's themes of love, strife, and the human spirit, and how his words have inspired and given new life to those who read them.

The poem acknowledges the longevity of great poetry, with the lines "Their words still read on yellowed pages, their voice a lasting crown." The poet being celebrated is said to have a "timeless state," suggesting that his work will continue to be relevant and inspiring for years to come.

Overall, the poem celebrates the power and longevity of great poetry, both from the past and present. It suggests that poets have the ability to speak to the human condition in a way that endures, even as the world around us changes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on May 10, 2023
Last Updated on May 10, 2023
Tags: poetry, abstract, visual

Author

E.P. Robles
E.P. Robles

SAN ANTONIO, TX



About
I write a lot and I paint a lot. I think just enough that I believe I am a very crazy person at all times. I am very friendly to a fault and find life very very short. I write in bursts with each p.. more..

Writing