A HUNDRED POEMS - XVI

A HUNDRED POEMS - XVI

A Poem by E.P. Robles
"

The poem titled "The morning eye dew!" is a beautiful tribute to love, renewal, and the promise of each new day. This poet wrote the prose so reader's could be touched by the subtlety and depth of the

"
The morning eye dew!
 
i love it sees a new day untouched
a breath of sight so grand 
a peace-inner speak-eye!

Tussle the bed sheets; 
a flag that Nation for the sleeper

my Anthem made of murmur whisper-speaks 
this tender love!

And each morning to awaken 
do i see my Nation 

Next to me that Anthem 
her name and lips her voice;  
angelic bliss!

:: 03-26-2014 ::

© 2023 E.P. Robles


Author's Note

E.P. Robles
The poem titled "The morning eye dew!" is a beautiful tribute to love, renewal, and the promise of each new day. This poet wrote the prose so reader's could be touched by the subtlety and depth of the emotion conveyed in this piece.

The poem is structured in a lyrical and free verse form, offering a wide canvas for the poet to paint a vivid imagery. The absence of strict rhyme or meter emphasizes the authenticity and spontaneity of the feelings expressed.

The opening lines "i love it sees a new day untouched / a breath of sight so grand" beautifully personify the dew on the morning grass, representing the freshness and newness of each day, a metaphor that carries the possibility of renewal and redemption.

"a peace-inner speak-eye!" implies the inner tranquility the speaker feels in the early morning hours, hinting at a spiritual connection with nature.

"Tussle the bed sheets; / a flag that Nation for the sleeper" - these lines intriguingly infuse domestic imagery with nationalistic sentiment. The bed sheets becoming a flag indicates a sense of belonging, protection, and peace, reinforcing the intimacy and security found in personal spaces.

"my Anthem made of murmur whisper-speaks / this tender love!" - Here, the poet's love is compared to an anthem, symbolizing its significance and reverence. The use of 'murmur whisper-speaks' suggests a quiet, intimate declaration of this love.

The final lines "And each morning to awaken / do i see my Nation / Next to me that Anthem / her name and lips her voice; / angelic bliss!" reveal that the speaker's "nation" and "anthem" are embodied in a loved one. This personification deepens the emotional connection, illustrating love as a refuge and a source of inspiration. The term 'angelic bliss' is a fitting conclusion, evoking a sense of heavenly happiness in the presence of love.

Overall, this poem explores the profound themes of love, personal identity, and the transformative power of nature. It reminds us of the sacredness of intimate spaces and relationships, and the potential of each new day to renew and refresh these bonds.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on May 13, 2023
Last Updated on May 13, 2023
Tags: poetry, words, life, freedom, love, renewal

Author

E.P. Robles
E.P. Robles

SAN ANTONIO, TX



About
I write a lot and I paint a lot. I think just enough that I believe I am a very crazy person at all times. I am very friendly to a fault and find life very very short. I write in bursts with each p.. more..

Writing