Confluence Verse

Confluence Verse

A Poem by E.P. Robles
"

I created (I think) a new style of poetry. But, really? There are so many styles out there. But this is the first I have seen.

"
This is the first poem written as Confluence Verse.  Please rip me a new one if you can -- that you know of such a style as this.
In whispers of twilight's gentle breeze (A)
Embrace the secrets of the ancient trees (A)
Their wisdom dances on the golden light (B)
As shadows weave through the veils of the night (B)
Soft petals bloom in the moon's tender gaze (C)
Unveiling tales from enchanted maze (C)
A symphony of stars adorns the sky (D)
As dreams and reality intertwine nearby (D)
With each heartbeat, the rivers intertwine (E)
Flowing melodies of life's grand design (E)
Where laughter mingles with tears' tender trace (F)
In the confluence of joy and grace (F)
The Confluence Verse unveils its lore (E)
Where diverse worlds meet and spirits soar (E)
In this tapestry of words, freely express (F)
Your unique voice, your truth, your finesse (F)
So let your pen dance on this rhythmic sea (E)
Confluence Verse, a canvas for you and me (E)
With boundless freedom, let your verses gleam (F)
In this poetic realm, fulfill your dream (F)

© 2023 E.P. Robles


Author's Note

E.P. Robles
Structure: The Confluence Verse consists of three stanzas, each comprising four lines.

Syllable Pattern: Each line has a variable number of syllables, ranging from 4 to 8 syllables. The syllable count can vary within each stanza, providing a sense of rhythm and flow.

Rhyme Scheme: The first two lines of each stanza rhyme, while the third and fourth lines are unrhymed. The rhyme scheme is as follows: AABB - CCD - EEFF.

Theme and Imagery: The Confluence Verse encourages the blending of diverse themes and imagery within each stanza. Each stanza should explore a distinct concept or idea, allowing for a convergence of thoughts and emotions.

Volta: The third line of each stanza serves as a turning point or shift in tone, introducing a new perspective or adding depth to the preceding lines.

Poetic Devices: poets can feel free to employ various poetic devices such as metaphors, similes, alliteration, or any other creative techniques that enhance the overall impact of the poem.

This form is customized just for you, the free-spirited poet, so you have the freedom to experiment and make it your own. Enjoy exploring the possibilities of the Confluence Verse!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on May 15, 2023
Last Updated on May 15, 2023
Tags: Confluence Verse, Poetry

Author

E.P. Robles
E.P. Robles

SAN ANTONIO, TX



About
I write a lot and I paint a lot. I think just enough that I believe I am a very crazy person at all times. I am very friendly to a fault and find life very very short. I write in bursts with each p.. more..

Writing