My Sweetest Dear

My Sweetest Dear

A Poem by E.P. Robles
"

"My Sweetest Dear" is a heartfelt and emotional poem written from the perspective of a parent or guardian addressing a beloved child named Evie. My grand-daughter.

"
HELLO my sweetest dear 
it's time to awaken 
how was night dreaming seas 
of possibilities?
Where ever you go
i shall not be far away
and still so many things 
i wish to say
all the songs we sang
together we learned how to
set sail across farerest seas
Sweet one, oceans can toss
as waves see fears we dream
and someday my dear we can sing
this lullabye // this promise
i sing, "i shall never leave you"
Good day angel learn how the skies
arc across the ceiling of a globe
and remember waters are deep
but you'll always be part of me
When love puts you to sleep at night
remember all the songs you sang for me
those long stories while rocking you 
to sleep ~~ within my ancient heart
you'll always be a part of me
Dear Evie good day and night
you can dream in daylight
you can dream in nighttime
and if you sing this lullabye
there within is a part of me
Papa loves you 
and love never dies.

© 2023 E.P. Robles


Author's Note

E.P. Robles
The opening lines, "HELLO my sweetest dear, it's time to awaken, how was night dreaming seas of possibilities?" suggest a gentle awakening and an inquiry into the child's dreams, implying a desire to share and explore the child's imaginative world.

The following lines, "Wherever you go, I shall not be far away, and still so many things I wish to say," convey a sense of constant presence and a longing to communicate and guide the child throughout their journey in life.

The references to singing together and learning how to "set sail across farerest seas" evoke a metaphorical journey, possibly representing the child's growth and development with the support and guidance of the parent or guardian.

The line "Sweet one, oceans can toss as waves see fears we dream" suggests that life may present challenges and uncertainties, but the parent or guardian assures the child that they will be there to provide comfort and support. The idea of singing a lullaby as a promise reinforces the commitment to never leave the child's side.

The subsequent stanza emphasizes the child's individuality and encourages them to explore the world: "Good day angel learn how the skies arc across the ceiling of a globe, and remember waters are deep, but you'll always be part of me." It highlights the parent or guardian's desire for the child to learn, grow, and discover their own path while assuring them of their unconditional love and connection.

The poem then shifts to reminiscing about bedtime rituals, with references to the child singing songs and the parent or guardian sharing stories to lull them to sleep. This nostalgia emphasizes the depth of the bond between them and reinforces the idea that the child will always hold a special place in the parent's heart.

The closing lines, "Dear Evie good day and night, you can dream in daylight, you can dream in nighttime, and if you sing this lullabye, there within is a part of me, Papa loves you and love never dies," reiterate the parent's love, affirming that the child is cherished both day and night, and that their dreams and expressions of love create an everlasting connection.

Overall, "My Sweetest Dear" captures the depth of love and affection a parent or guardian feels for their child, expressing a sense of continuous presence, support, and unconditional love throughout the child's life journey.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on May 17, 2023
Last Updated on May 17, 2023
Tags: love, child, tenderness, emotion, grand-daughter

Author

E.P. Robles
E.P. Robles

SAN ANTONIO, TX



About
I write a lot and I paint a lot. I think just enough that I believe I am a very crazy person at all times. I am very friendly to a fault and find life very very short. I write in bursts with each p.. more..

Writing