PLASTIC CLOUDS

PLASTIC CLOUDS

A Poem by E.P. Robles
"

In "Plastic Clouds," the poet employs vivid imagery and thought-provoking metaphors to explore themes of human existence, introspection, and the fragility of our environment.

"

PLASTIC CLOUDS

Plastic clouds sherbet skies meeting place of the stones. You were too hard today the way you sat there. so I took a walk across the mind of silly thoughts and memories. A slither pinned in medulla, a pinstriped boy pulled her. The ocean drowned the Earth as we watched the little ones running for the backstage forgetting all their lines. I guess the beltway fades as the cockroaches die. We are the mind, only one; a mind to mend the sky

© 2023 E.P. Robles


Author's Note

E.P. Robles
The juxtaposition of "plastic clouds" against "sherbet skies" creates a sense of artificiality and contrasts the beauty of nature with man-made constructs.

The opening lines capture attention with their enigmatic quality, as the meeting of the "stones" and the reference to being "too hard" suggest a certain tension or hardness in human interactions. The poet's decision to "take a walk across the mind" signals a journey into introspection, where "silly thoughts and memories" intertwine.

The line "A slither pinned in medulla, a pinstriped boy pulled her" introduces a mysterious and somewhat haunting image. It hints at a connection between the inner workings of the mind ("medulla") and the external world, where individuals with contrasting appearances or intentions interact. This enigmatic interaction adds depth to the poem and invites further contemplation.

The subsequent line about the ocean drowning the Earth presents a striking metaphor for the destructive consequences of human actions on the planet. This imagery aligns with the overarching theme of environmental awareness. The poet's observation of "the little ones running for the backstage, forgetting all their lines" conveys a sense of chaos or disarray, perhaps suggesting that humanity is losing sight of its purpose or responsibility.

The mention of the "beltway" fading and the "cockroaches dying" hints at the transitory nature of societal structures and the fragility of life. It prompts reflection on the impermanence of our creations and the need for mindful stewardship of our environment.

The final line, "We are the mind, only one; a mind to mend the sky," encapsulates the poem's essence. It underscores the interconnectedness of humanity and emphasizes the collective responsibility to preserve and heal the world we inhabit. The phrase "mend the sky" evokes a sense of restoration and redemption, calling for a concerted effort to address the challenges we face.

As a Noble Poet Laureate, I commend the poet for their thought-provoking composition. "Plastic Clouds" is a rich tapestry of imagery, metaphors, and introspection that invites readers to reflect on the human condition and our relationship with the environment. The skillful use of language and the exploration of profound themes make this poem a poignant and evocative work of art.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

quite the constitutional this takes us on but one must be careful and watch his/her step. great imagery appealing to both mind and body along with a smorgasbord of food for thought to digest.

“The nourishment of body is food, while the nourishment of the soul is feeding others.”

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

quite the constitutional this takes us on but one must be careful and watch his/her step. great imagery appealing to both mind and body along with a smorgasbord of food for thought to digest.

“The nourishment of body is food, while the nourishment of the soul is feeding others.”

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 17, 2023
Last Updated on May 17, 2023
Tags: poetry, nature, words, heart, world

Author

E.P. Robles
E.P. Robles

SAN ANTONIO, TX



About
I write a lot and I paint a lot. I think just enough that I believe I am a very crazy person at all times. I am very friendly to a fault and find life very very short. I write in bursts with each p.. more..

Writing