MONARCH IN THE SNOW

MONARCH IN THE SNOW

A Poem by E.P. Robles
"

In "Monarch in the Snow," I paint a vivid image of a serene winter morning through vivid language.

"


AND in this morning ice-baked skies that I be drawn to the glass-cold window was a pleasant -- albeit utter surprise, to see I did! Across the way beyond the Oak between the frost and misty cloak the Monarch who flittered by! The grand vision Crystal snow Drifting flakes against noble color, such a Butterfly! :: ~ ::

© 2023 E.P. Robles


Author's Note

E.P. Robles
The opening lines immediately capture the reader's attention, drawing them into the scene of "ice-baked skies" and the speaker's fascination with the outside world. The reference to the "glass-cold window" adds a touch of sensory perception, emphasizing the chill and fragility of the surroundings.

The revelation of the Monarch butterfly in this wintry setting brings about a sense of surprise and wonder, beautifully conveyed through the poet's words. By juxtaposing the delicate butterfly against the backdrop of the frost and mist, I attempt to create a striking contrast that highlights the ethereal beauty of nature. The choice of the Monarch butterfly, known for its vibrant colors, adds a touch of regality and elegance to the scene.

My use of imagery is particularly strong, as I describe the "crystal snow" and "drifting flakes" that serve as a backdrop to the Monarch's flight. This imagery creates a sense of movement and adds a layer of poetic depth to the poem. The notion of the butterfly flittering by emphasizes its fleeting nature, as if it were a passing moment of beauty in an otherwise cold and desolate landscape.

The poem's brevity contributes to its overall impact, as it captures a single moment in time, allowing the reader to appreciate the significance of the Monarch's appearance against the wintry backdrop. The use of the double colons (::) and tildes (~) to separate and frame the poem further enhances its aesthetic presentation.

In conclusion, "Monarch in the Snow" showcases this poet's ability to create a visually captivating scene with carefully chosen words. The poem successfully evokes a sense of awe and admiration for the natural world, capturing a fleeting moment of beauty that leaves a lasting impression on the reader.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The immediacy of it all supplants all other things beside and that is what stuck out and very well should stand out.
Perhaps a tad less on the note section. I too suffer from metaphorical "word vomit" and the extreme abstractness can be overwhelming.

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

E.P. Robles

11 Months Ago

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback on my poem. I appreciate your observation about the immediacy.. read more



Reviews

The ice-baked skies and the glass-cold window create the impression of a harsh, sub-zero winter that could be fatal to delicate life forms and yet when the poet is drawn to the window, what he beholds is magical. A monarch flies past, in all its brilliant beauty. Here the visuals created in my mind are stunning because the vivid colors of the monarch are in the backdrop of the deathly white winter scape and to me it felt like divine intervention, a message of sheer positivity from the universe that the noble monarch agreed to carry to you, at the risk of its fragile wings being fractured by the crystal snow. Thank you for the very interesting Author's Note.

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The immediacy of it all supplants all other things beside and that is what stuck out and very well should stand out.
Perhaps a tad less on the note section. I too suffer from metaphorical "word vomit" and the extreme abstractness can be overwhelming.

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

E.P. Robles

11 Months Ago

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback on my poem. I appreciate your observation about the immediacy.. read more
Please let me know if my "poet's notes" are okay. I never thought I should add my own thoughts to my poetry but sometimes my poetry is so abstract it escapes meaning to other minds.

Posted 11 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 17, 2023
Last Updated on May 17, 2023
Tags: ice, monarch, butterfly, snow, beautiful, love, delicate

Author

E.P. Robles
E.P. Robles

SAN ANTONIO, TX



About
I write a lot and I paint a lot. I think just enough that I believe I am a very crazy person at all times. I am very friendly to a fault and find life very very short. I write in bursts with each p.. more..

Writing