My Sweet Fragrant Flower of Love

My Sweet Fragrant Flower of Love

A Poem by E.P. Robles
"

This poem is deep and beautifully chaotic, almost embodying a dreamlike quality with its unconventional metaphors and vivid imagery.

"
My Beloved Flower,
With each stroke of my quill, I strive to capture the essence of our love, a symphony that defies mortal boundaries. 
Above the chessboard city, our love reigns, thundering like polished leather, illuminating our world in a burst of radiant light.
Confusion and wonder intertwine as I stand amidst waves, snow, and the brilliance of a gathered hand. 
Within this surreal realm, I yearn to hold you, my jungle child, in the depths of my half-opened heart, a diamond of ecstasy.
Your presence fills me with boundless delight, igniting words that transform into a phosphorescent fern, a delirious dance of change. 
You are my lost goddess, guiding me with your enchanting song.
Between pillows, your eyes hold a reserve of air, defying logic as a woman without arms or a star without roots. 
Our love resides amidst the petrified rain, where pleasure lingers, awakening the dawn with two doors, moving and informing the winds that beckon the tigers.
Amidst misfortunate furniture, our love intervenes in fierce dreams, defending against venomous snakes. It emanates light, illuminating like a bud from a silver tree, leaving unique footprints upon the vibrant carpet.
In this realm, shadows graze with sparkling vanity, mirroring maritime volcanoes. The tumult of stones echoes through the depths of my soul. Hear, my love, for this symphony is composed solely for you.
Yours forever, 
This Gentle Poet
eprobles

© 2023 E.P. Robles


Author's Note

E.P. Robles
My notes:

This poem is deep and beautifully chaotic, almost embodying a dreamlike quality with its unconventional metaphors and vivid imagery.

It certainly brings to mind the surrealist style, as it's both abstract and grounded in an internal emotional landscape.

Starting with the positive aspects, the richness and novelty of this poet's language is truly praiseworthy. Phrases like "thundering like polished leather," "a phosphorescent fern, a delirious dance of change," and "mirroring maritime volcanoes" are unique and memorable. I demonstrate ability to push language beyond its traditional boundaries, which is a hallmark of compelling poetry.

The theme of love is consistently present throughout my poem, and it's evident that I aim to communicate the powerful, transformative, and otherworldly nature of this emotion.

However, the use of metaphors like "my jungle child," "a woman without arms," or "a star without roots" could be somewhat confusing, as they appear disconnected and may be challenging for a reader to interpret in the context of a love poem.

This I do to tear the semblance of surrealim and to bring the reader back into this time/space.

It's not clear how these metaphors fit into the overall theme for most, and they risk detracting from the cohesion and emotional impact of the poem - which is a choice I have made. I am not looking to speak to the average reader but someone unique.

The concluding line, "Hear, my love, for this symphony is composed solely for you," brings a sense of closure and is a well-executed finale. It summarizes the intention of the poem and brings the focus back to the beloved, which is very effective.

This poem is not average reading but challenging. It is for a true poet to devour and think about.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on May 23, 2023
Last Updated on May 23, 2023
Tags: poetry

Author

E.P. Robles
E.P. Robles

SAN ANTONIO, TX



About
I write a lot and I paint a lot. I think just enough that I believe I am a very crazy person at all times. I am very friendly to a fault and find life very very short. I write in bursts with each p.. more..

Writing