Piano Sonata in C sharp minor [MOONLIGHT SONATA] Beethoven

Piano Sonata in C sharp minor [MOONLIGHT SONATA] Beethoven

A Poem by E.P. Robles
"

This poem captures the essence and beauty of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata with stunning imagery and emotional depth.

"
Beneath the silver shimmer 
of a whispering moon,
The world's hush ascends, 
in a midnight tune,
In C-sharp minor, notes flutter, 
a somber butterfly,
The grand piano weeps, 
under Beethoven's silent sky.

Delicate and mournful, a melody ascends,
Through quiet, velvet darkness, 
where moonlight descends.
A solitaire nocturne, 
like the sorrow in a prayer,
Floats upon the stillness 
of the moonlit air.

An allegretto dances, 
lively and sweet,
Skipping over moonbeams, 
upon nimble, unseen feet,
In this dreamy serenade, 
'neath the celestial quilt,
An adagio sighs, lamenting love's guilt.

A tempest stirs within, 
the Presto agitato,
An untamed gale raging, 
the heart's indomitable concerto.

Thunderous chords toll, like the tumultuous sea,
Voicing the yearning that in our hearts be.

Each note is a teardrop, falling soft and slow,
Each rest, an echo of silent woe.
Each arpeggio weaves a tale of love, lost and won,
Under the watchful gaze of the melancholy moon.

Sonata quatorze, a moonlight woven spell,
Played on the strings of night, your tale to tell.
In the silence between your notes, we find our solace,
In the haunting beauty of your moonlit palace.

:: 05.30.2023 ::

© 2023 E.P. Robles


Author's Note

E.P. Robles
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu7hscHkfPw]

This poem captures the essence and beauty of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata with stunning imagery and emotional depth.

It moves through the varying movements of the piece, matching the emotions conveyed through the music.

The poem starts with a somber, quiet mood that reflects the opening of the sonata. The description of the "whispering moon"

and the world's "hush" perfectly capture the intimate and introspective beginning of the piece. The comparison of the notes to a "somber butterfly"

suggests both beauty and a touch of sadness, resonating with the emotional depth of the music.

The second stanza uses tactile imagery like "quiet, velvet darkness" and "stillness of the moonlit air" to paint a vivid picture of the calm,

serene atmosphere. It echoes the sense of solitude and longing in Beethoven's piece.

In the third stanza, the "allegretto" dance, "lively and sweet," and the "nimble, unseen feet" skipping over moonbeams could be a metaphor for the more uplifting

and lighter moments in the piece, perhaps a reflection of the fleeting moments of joy in life.

The fourth and fifth stanzas amplify the emotional intensity, reflecting the dramatic Presto Agitato, the final movement of the sonata.

The words "tempest", "raging", "thunderous chords", and "tumultuous sea" convey the turbulence and passion inherent in this part of the music.

The last two stanzas return to a quieter mood, similar to the resolution after the storm in music. The concluding lines "In the silence between your notes,

we find our solace, / In the haunting beauty of your moonlit palace" beautifully encapsulate the sense of peace and profound emotion that the sonata brings to the listener,

providing a fitting end to the journey through this musical masterpiece.

Overall, my poem wonderfully translates the feelings and images evoked by Moonlight Sonata into words, while respecting the unique character of Beethoven's music.

It illuminates how music and poetry can touch the human spirit, capturing the complex interplay of light and dark, sorrow and joy, peace and turmoil.

I write more words about my poetry than anything. It is because my poetry is tight and short. And it contains mysteries.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your poem without doubt captures the mood music in a beautiful Beethoven piano sonata, admired by many over time. You create a wonderful ambience with the seductive imagery of a silver shimmering and whispering moon. I saw long slim fingers depressing the ivory keys of the piano, Music of course touches the soul, just as much as poetry does. There is nothing further of value I can add. Your author notes say it all.

Chris

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really like poetry about music. Especially when it involves thunderous chords! (Music by Yes is my fav) my eyes moved across your words in staccato rythyms. Crying pianos are poetic gold! Beethoven's silent sky says so much much in one phrase. Suddenly my mind took me to the soundtrack for 'Clockwork Orange', which is mostly Beethoven. I'll have to check if Kubrick used Moonlight Sonata in that. I rest my pen at your page, not in an echo of woe, but in an appreciative glow. Good poem!

Bill

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your poem without doubt captures the mood music in a beautiful Beethoven piano sonata, admired by many over time. You create a wonderful ambience with the seductive imagery of a silver shimmering and whispering moon. I saw long slim fingers depressing the ivory keys of the piano, Music of course touches the soul, just as much as poetry does. There is nothing further of value I can add. Your author notes say it all.

Chris

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 31, 2023
Last Updated on May 31, 2023
Tags: Ludwig, Beethoven, music, love, heart, passion, words

Author

E.P. Robles
E.P. Robles

SAN ANTONIO, TX



About
I write a lot and I paint a lot. I think just enough that I believe I am a very crazy person at all times. I am very friendly to a fault and find life very very short. I write in bursts with each p.. more..

Writing