SEAHORSESAYS

SEAHORSESAYS

A Poem by E.P. Robles
"

As the poet who wrote this I interpret the poem "SEAHORSESAYS" as a profound exploration of the intricate connections between all life forms and the contrasting realities of the natural world and huma

"
 
this seahorseSays
  i love
my oceanMore
  each day
i mostly travel
by the gentleCurrents
watching myCitizens
of this great
 wetWorld swimming
like dreams
dreams as if above
a fisher-thing has cast
its net   though 
wetMinds are wetHearts
so we move
because and why
the great OceanMinds
are free to forgive
those enslaved by
air and wind

air and wind as fire
or lifeSource
  which by learned
wetGeniuses is called
blood   the non-fin
no-gill non-water
things which move above
;in all the vastness of
my world none are as those
 
mySelf (this poet) as life
-- the souls of all things
  see and have learned
to forgive and not hate
or grieve but leave no
salute but deep regrets
  to the dry land fools
called man
 
:: 02-25-2016 ::

© 2023 E.P. Robles


Author's Note

E.P. Robles
Poet's Notes:

As the poet who wrote this I interpret the poem "SEAHORSESAYS" as a profound exploration of the intricate connections between all life forms and the contrasting realities of the natural world and human existence.

The seahorse, symbolizing wisdom and grace, passionately expresses its profound love for the ocean, its eternal abode. I attempted to beautifully highlight the seahorse's affinity for the gentle currents, allowing it to witness the captivating diversity of underwater inhabitants. These sea creatures, aptly referred to as "citizens" of the sea, gracefully swim akin to dreams, signifying the fluidity and freedom that exists in this realm.

Through the symbolic imagery of a fisherman's net, the poem metaphorically addresses the entanglements and limitations encountered in life's journey. However, the seahorse astutely recognizes that the oceanic minds possess a forgiving and unburdened nature, in contrast to human beings who are confined by the constraints of air and wind.

The references to air, wind, fire, and the life force, perceived by "learned wet geniuses" as blood, symbolically represent the vital energies that sustain existence. Here, the seahorse implies that although humans lack fins and gills, setting them apart from the aquatic domain, they remain intricately connected to it.

The concluding section unveils my identity, intertwining the very being with life itself and underscoring the profound interconnectedness of all souls. The seahorse acknowledges the capacity of all living entities to learn, forgive, and transcend hatred and grief. Nonetheless, i express and lament the limited comprehension and appreciation of this interconnectedness by humans, often regarded as "dry land fools."

In summary, "SEAHORSESAYS" delves into the themes of interconnectedness, the dichotomy between the natural world and human existence, and the potential for growth, forgiveness, and remorse. It serves as an invitation for introspection, urging readers to contemplate the intricate relationship between humanity and the vast ecosystem that surrounds us.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Don't know what to tell you you need a shirt. And since I'm from Washington I'm allowed to pass this out it's a -. Don't know why but need it. Message for full sentences.

Posted 10 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

E.P. Robles

10 Months Ago

I know...I know. Some of my poetry requires my gentle hand to guide readers. As the creator of thi.. read more
Coffee Vampier

10 Months Ago

A seahorse female has the hardest job
She falls in love and loses her spouse
After pr.. read more
E.P. Robles

10 Months Ago

In seas where seahorses roam and delve,
The tale of life is thusly told, itself.
A mot.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
1 Review
Added on June 10, 2023
Last Updated on June 10, 2023
Tags: poetry

Author

E.P. Robles
E.P. Robles

SAN ANTONIO, TX



About
I write a lot and I paint a lot. I think just enough that I believe I am a very crazy person at all times. I am very friendly to a fault and find life very very short. I write in bursts with each p.. more..

Writing