S OA RING wiNGS

S OA RING wiNGS

A Poem by E.P. Robles
"

THIS is a concrete poem, also known as shape poetry, where the typographical arrangement of words is as important in conveying the intended effect as conventional elements of the poem, such as the mea

"
S OA RING wiNGS
                           b-u-t-t-e-r-f-l-y
                                     yes
 y)o(u see)it
 soaringup
                    WHIRFLUTTERWINGS
                                                   dancingint(o-
 aCloud):s
            wI
                 !rL:
S w
(e
ePherForming .lIgHtLyFLoAtFlUt)
to
be(lie)ve(fly)ing
,butterfly;
:: 06.11.2023 ::

© 2023 E.P. Robles


Author's Note

E.P. Robles
The poem revolves around the theme of a butterfly and its flight, as a metaphor.

The format is erratic, a fluttering movement of a butterfly — the words are scattered across the page, creating an effect of dynamism and flight.

The broken word "b-u-t-t-e-r-f-l-y" represents the fragile, delicate nature of a butterfly, and mimics the slow, graceful movements of a butterfly's wings.

"y)o(u see)it soaringup" implies a witnessing of the butterfly's flight, adding an observational perspective to the poem.

The use of "WHIRFLUTTERWINGS" more than suggests the speed and flapping noise of wings, and "dancingint(o- aCloud):s" further enhances the image of the butterfly in flight, possibly disappearing and reappearing among the clouds.

"wI!rL: S w(eePherForming .lIgHtLyFLoAtFlUt)" further elaborates the butterfly's movement — the whirling, sweeping, lightly floating and fluttering.

"to be(lie)ve(fly)ing ,butterfly;" This could be interpreted in several ways. On a simple level, it might just mean to believe in the act of flying. On a more abstract level, the butterfly's flight could be symbolic of freedom, transformation, or reaching for one's dreams.

Remember, poetry analysis can be quite subjective, and different readers may find different meanings and interpretations in the same poem.

I really enjoyed writing this poem and expressing my singular moment of being a butterfly.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The beauty you love is the hell you live.

Posted 10 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

E.P. Robles

10 Months Ago

A reminder that beauty and its associated emotions are multifaceted, capable of bringing both joy an.. read more
The dance of a flutter by. Who could possibly understand. It simply is. A creature of immense beauty, much admired and spiritual. A link between two worlds. Your unique layout echoes what I see in my summer garden.

Chris

Posted 10 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A unique form plus a lesson in how to observe it. To be honest, would rather have less instruction but.. with all respect like to discover then explain what glory I see in the words. Nonetheless, many thanks for some beautiful clues.

Posted 10 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

emmajoygreen

10 Months Ago

Where did I sat that, sir? Surely, surely the reason for posting your writing is to have others tel.. read more
E.P. Robles

10 Months Ago

I was not speaking toward you. Just the world.
E.P. Robles

10 Months Ago

A KISS --
that enchanted wind,
can revive even the most
ruined spirit.
.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 12, 2023
Last Updated on June 12, 2023
Tags: poetry

Author

E.P. Robles
E.P. Robles

SAN ANTONIO, TX



About
I write a lot and I paint a lot. I think just enough that I believe I am a very crazy person at all times. I am very friendly to a fault and find life very very short. I write in bursts with each p.. more..

Writing