ENGRAVER OF MY SOUL

ENGRAVER OF MY SOUL

A Poem by E.P. Robles
"

The language used is rich and evocative, employing metaphors, vivid imagery, and philosophical ponderings. I explore themes of identity, perception, the divine, and the nature of existence.

"
From as far away as she can see, let it come to her as a hand's span of her whiteness. 

Even so is she without color and not wholly white�" everywhere, without color at all. When she lifts her veil she sees�" let it come to her as a hand's span of her whiteness.   The third definition, one almost completely made up of related but incompatible concepts, has also inspired a certain amount of speculation, from thousands of artists over the centuries. Of course, the representation of all of these concepts (white, black, pale, dark) would be exceedingly difficult, though the distinction between "polished" and "lame" façades seems particularly interesting to me.

Who is the Malay in the sky? …it is not he who remains seated.  The one who sits there is the wind; It does not recognize this? It will not recognize. He is the Great Ocean! She is the loyal girl of a house on a plane;  the goddess is the daughter of a King�" She is the goddess of luck!
The one who sits there is the Star! She has no name for this! No Name! The name of the one who Might be a dragon-god is a brown stick with ink stains and scratches, which she gives to her faithful. When the maid ’s back begins to move, a sleeping; when the hands of the god begin to move, the Girl of Flowers, many-faced, comes into his possession and is made his wife.

How much noise there will be with what she will say! How much nonsense -- If the moment comes when they cannot shout a thousand echoes of this shall roll up into, a hall of destruction!   It is not he who remains seated�"  the sky is the dragon!  For the god, if it does not recognize his Self, for the mysterious parent, and for the spirit of the mother’s the deity will manifest as a day.

The rule is to have a day? 

A day, he will say, the gods create when you look into my sky�"I frayed by the water of my heart I am and even if you build me a heaven, are scattered to and fro, which I must If any returns to this world to say that the earth is firm in this, what do you In spirit declare? Or what do you say? If anyone says that the heaven is firm, the earth is like its "skeleton,"
What do you say?

No�"it is very clearly this:
When it is the Earth's sky or any sun which he has made solid, it is like a day to the god of night; when the sun is at its zenith it is no longer a day to the god of the night.  But once there is a day for him he tells, when he sets the "sky" against the "earth," as it were "like a hole on the back of my head,"
It is like a day to the god of night.  Or he breaks the body of his father's house�"
"It is not as you imagine!" he says/   And once, as when someone, for whom we are paying in advance, tells us to go/  
"How much he owes me!"�"he stresses that much.
If the day which does not recognize him is like "a child's drawing" the night�" from as far away as she can see let it come to her as a hand's span
of her whiteness.

And if she lifts her veil she sees�" let it come to her as a hand's span of her whiteness. Is there a gesture or a facial expression?  There will be, shall there not? What can be a look? Her head will shake for a moment�"she can neither speak nor breathe as all her ears hear.
She runs, has no way of knowing how ro bow down and be moved by the peace.  With what language can she come to you?  If it is not through you and through your ears?  You desire to hear her dream,  the storm not come�"let not the rain, the lightning, the storm, or the wind:  will come to you, and should you hear the shrill sounds of the night-jungle and so strange

The dragon that has risen from the soot, you would not want to go back into the Earth and not the old Earth. 
THE WOMAN'S SPIRIT /// in the beginning, after the virgin egg was laid the Mother of Paris took hold of the fertilized egg and, suckling it, held it in the darkness between her thighs.  when the egg was filled she laid it before her Sucking and smiling and laving She called it as it was coming to life:

"Morning Star!" "Great Fable!" she sang.

Then, when she'd stopped her work, it was deep-Came out of the ground, and as it appeared It was
looking down at her with opening Smile, and the sound of it, and the light:  The clear breath�"he said, "It is Morningstar!" 

The World's Greatest kiss- no :://}||  THE NOBLE WIFE AND THE NOBLE GIRL -- "He is someone who is beautiful�"one is surrounded by someone. For him the truth exists, when it does not belong to his will.  When his the warm breath of him is flowing.  He puts everything else aside and The word "beautiful" no longer pleases him.
'And I shall not agree to serve you, dear wife,  B ut I shall be your servant, woman.”  As long as I am the bearer of your children, I shall suffer the scorn of others.   I will not stop long in my calling:  'Those who despise me are the ones to envy; Those who praise me are the ones to fear;  All the difference, if I am honored, Struggles not to get at me. Of all the groans that cause me pain, the least is enough to make me rejoice.  If I am the bearer of your children, I shall suffer the scorn of others.'

Is there an idea there that needs breaking through, something that should be beaten down with nails,
A thing that would last and give strength to your will and make you see with your whole being that it is true? The man's wife: nothing is the sum of itself, what he thinks of her has nothing to do with her,
Her mind is something in itself that's ever here in the seat of his thoughts.
So you should believe in her�"speak her name like the apostles of Christ; you should shout it, like the Jews in the desert; you should think of her, like the French, the day after a liberation;  you should admire the last flowering of the human species.  When they approach a woman; when the head of the table is lifted to receive the cup of life, when the name of a woman is humbled by her history, when all the chains of the past are broken and thrown aside.   So you should love her, so that your heart and mind are awakened by the beauty of her existence and show her the warm smile of it.
THE TOYGYST

"I can keep time; I can wear everything.
"I've learned how to hold something up and it goes in a circle.  I can come to each house in the town and if they are a poor family.  We can eat for less than the cost of a meal.   If they have dirty clothes or not, or they have to walk�" We'll do it in a half-hour."

"I will wander through the forest, thinking of the empty street, where there is nothing; will come to a corner and there will be a lady and her children."
KONNICHI (FILICOW)

"I got a big experience when I was studying

In a medical school.

"I couldn't go.  So the universe died.”

:: 10.16.2020 ::

© 2023 E.P. Robles


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on June 12, 2023
Last Updated on June 12, 2023
Tags: love, poetry, words, feelings

Author

E.P. Robles
E.P. Robles

SAN ANTONIO, TX



About
I write a lot and I paint a lot. I think just enough that I believe I am a very crazy person at all times. I am very friendly to a fault and find life very very short. I write in bursts with each p.. more..

Writing