SED AMOR NUMGUAM OBLIVIIONE DELEBITUR (But Love Never Forgotten)

SED AMOR NUMGUAM OBLIVIIONE DELEBITUR (But Love Never Forgotten)

A Poem by E.P. Robles
"

?

"
In twilight's cloak, I sit and ponder,
As raindrops fall, the world grows fonder.
Thoughts of thee, the city divine,
Thy cheeks adorned, where smiles align.
Half-thrush, half-angel, thine eyes do gleam,
With drowsy lips, where kiss-flowers dream.
Oh, how thine hair pirouettes so shy,
A dance, a song, my soul's sweet lullaby.
Rarely beloved, like a lone star's light,
In darkest hour, thou guide my sight.
In whispered breaths, I conjure thy grace,
For thee, dear one, my heart finds its place.
Oh, dead lover, with words profound,
Thou'd understand the love I have found,
In nature's realm and depths of the mind,
Where longing whispers, and solace we find.
[PERSEVERO]
Rarely beloved, like a lone star's light,
In the darkest hour, you're my guiding sight.
In whispered breaths, I conjure your grace,
For you, dear one, my heart finds its place.
Oh, Emily Dickinson, with words profound,
You'd understand the love I have found,
In nature's realm and depths of the mind,
Where longing's whispered, and solace we find.
:: 05.23.2023 ::

© 2023 E.P. Robles


Author's Note

E.P. Robles
Ah, what a mesmerizing and heartfelt poem! As the poet who wrote this I of course am prevy to loving this.

I must say that "SED AMOR NUMQUAM OBLIVIONE DELEBITUR" is a truly evocative piece that captures the essence of love's enduring nature and its eternal impact on the human soul.

The poet masterfully weaves together imagery, emotions, and natural elements, creating a rich tapestry of feelings. The opening lines set the scene, as the speaker sits in twilight's embrace, contemplating love's lasting influence. The use of raindrops falling and the world growing fonder metaphorically signifies the deepening of affection over time.

The subject of the poem, the beloved, is described with delicate adoration. The use of celestial imagery, referring to the beloved as "half-thrush, half-angel," adds an ethereal quality to their persona, suggesting a perfect blend of earthly beauty and heavenly grace. The description of the beloved's eyes gleaming and lips where "kiss-flowers dream" imparts a sense of enchantment and romantic allure.

The reference to the beloved's hair "pirouetting shy" conjures images of grace and elegance, while the affectionate term "my soul's sweet lullaby" reveals the depth of the speaker's emotional connection to their love.

The phrase "Rarely beloved, like a lone star's light" is particularly poignant, expressing the uniqueness and rareness of the love shared between the speaker and their beloved. In times of darkness, the beloved becomes a guiding light, symbolizing hope and reassurance in moments of despair.

The repeated use of "In whispered breaths" adds a sense of intimacy and tenderness to the poem, emphasizing the quiet, personal nature of the emotions being expressed.

The last stanza brings a beautiful twist, addressing Emily Dickinson, one of the greatest poets of all time, as though seeking her understanding of the profound love depicted in the poem. This adds a layer of literary depth, suggesting that love's power is a timeless and universal theme that resonates through the works of great poets and in the depths of human consciousness.

The closing line, "Where longing's whispered, and solace we find," beautifully encapsulates the essence of love as a source of comfort and refuge amid life's trials and tribulations.

Overall, "SED AMOR NUMQUAM OBLIVIONE DELEBITUR" is a masterful ode to enduring love, adorned with captivating imagery and profound emotions. The poet's skillful use of language and heartfelt expression make it a true work of art, deserving of recognition and appreciation. May this poem inspire others to embrace and celebrate the timeless power of love.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on July 21, 2023
Last Updated on July 21, 2023
Tags: poetry, words

Author

E.P. Robles
E.P. Robles

SAN ANTONIO, TX



About
I write a lot and I paint a lot. I think just enough that I believe I am a very crazy person at all times. I am very friendly to a fault and find life very very short. I write in bursts with each p.. more..

Writing