TWO CURIOUS MINDS

TWO CURIOUS MINDS

A Poem by E.P. Robles
"

Title: The title, "TWO CURIOUS MINDS," immediately draws our attention to the central theme of the poem: the exploration of the minds of two remarkable individuals, Einstein and Bohr, who are known fo

"
TWO CURIOUS minds entwined with the mind of God;  Einstein and Bohr.  The debate was difficult and more tipsy from decades of argument their friendship soared

Determinism an evil force if to be believed by?  Refutes all claims of an eternal spirit that decides external scapegoats lay blame says those without souls

And through the window of a prestigious institute a wildly white-haired man peered across the campus and noted a beautiful garden next door

It belonged to those who had lost their mind in ways similar to all those who -- like him tried.  The lunatic asylum could be his home if not more

Back to the blackboard with weapon in hand, the equation for his madness; unified field theory fleeing all sensible manner it hid as a wolf in his den

Not a weak heart so his bold heart worked and labored shredding chalk and sweating drops of intuition variables came and left as Mistresses in his mind

The gravity of this situation was to marry such forces his ill-born child, not just his own-- cried in his arms papa Einstein fed his baby but would never put it to bed.

:: ~ ::

© 2023 E.P. Robles


Author's Note

E.P. Robles
****DO NOT READ BELOW THIS IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH YOUR INTERPRETATION ****

Stanza 1:
The opening stanza introduces the central characters, Einstein and Bohr, who are depicted as entwined with the mind of God, suggesting their profound quest for understanding the universe's mysteries. The phrase "decades of argument their friendship soared" emphasizes the depth of their intellectual discussions and how such exchanges deepened their bond.

Stanza 2:
The second stanza delves into the debate between determinism and free will. "Determinism an evil force if to be believed by?" presents a moral dilemma, suggesting that accepting determinism may negate the existence of an eternal spirit or a higher power. The mention of "external scapegoats lay blame says those without souls" reflects a conflict between scientific determinism and spiritual beliefs.

Stanza 3:
Here, the poem shifts focus to Einstein observing a beautiful garden near the institute, symbolizing the allure of knowledge and understanding. The phrase "those who had lost their mind in ways similar to all those who -- like him tried" indicates that intellectual pursuits often lead to moments of madness and obsession, experienced by both him and those before him.

Stanza 4:
Returning to the academic setting, Einstein is portrayed back at the blackboard with determination and courage ("not a weak heart so his bold heart worked"). The pursuit of the elusive "unified field theory" is likened to a restless wolf hiding in its den, suggesting the complexity and enigmatic nature of the challenge he faced.

Stanza 5:
The intensity of Einstein's work is depicted as he tirelessly works on the equation, personified as his "madness." The variables in his mind are compared to "Mistresses," highlighting the emotional and intimate relationship he has with his ideas.

Stanza 6:
The concluding stanza carries a poignant tone, metaphorically likening the "marriage" of the forces in his unified field theory to an "ill-born child." This represents the struggle he faced in reconciling various aspects of his scientific pursuits, knowing that his creation might not be fully understood or accepted. The last lines describe the emotional turmoil of Einstein as he cares for his creation ("papa Einstein fed his baby") but remains uncertain about its ultimate destiny ("would never put it to bed").

In summary, "TWO CURIOUS MINDS" captures the inner turmoil and relentless pursuit of knowledge and understanding by brilliant minds like Einstein and Bohr. The poem juxtaposes scientific exploration with philosophical and emotional dilemmas, showcasing the complexity of the human quest for truth. As a Noble Laureate Poet, I would praise the poem for its deep philosophical reflections and its ability to evoke empathy for the struggles of great thinkers.




My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hello, E.P. Robles,
it is a great scenario of both Bohr and Einstein
I love the part of insanity within the same halls,
great write! -------Maynard

Posted 9 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 24, 2023
Last Updated on July 24, 2023
Tags: poetry, science, Einstein, Bohr

Author

E.P. Robles
E.P. Robles

SAN ANTONIO, TX



About
I write a lot and I paint a lot. I think just enough that I believe I am a very crazy person at all times. I am very friendly to a fault and find life very very short. I write in bursts with each p.. more..

Writing