I am Not Wo I am

I am Not Wo I am

A Poem by E.P. Robles

It was the woman that I saw in the bookstore.  And to whom I spoke and who spoke to me.  I was in a public library of sorts.  All people coming and going.  The room then became without light.  They came to tell me that she was at my house.  Waiting.  Why?  She, that one at the bookstore was now in my bed, all mine but I did not wish to possess her.  Her eyes were without lights.  I was nonetheless very moved.  And a lot because it was my family home.  I was also overcome by distress! I was in rags, me, and she, a worldly woman, giving herself away; which of use had to go! A nameless distress, I took her, and let her fall out of bed, almost naked; and in my indescribable weakness I fell upon her and dragged myself with her among the lightless carpets. The family lamp reddened the neighboring rooms one after the other. Then the woman disappeared. I shed more tears than God could ever ask for.

I went out into the endless city. O Fatigue! Drowned in the deaf night and in the flight from happiness. It was like a winter night, with snow to definitely suffocate the world. The friends to whom I shouted: where is she staying, answered falsely. I was in front of the windows of where she goes every evening: I was running in a buried garden. I was rejected. I cried a lot at all of this. Finally I went down to a place full of dust, and sitting on the frames, I let all the tears in my body end with that night. - And yet my exhaustion always came back to me.

I understood that she was in her everyday life; and that the turn of kindness would take longer to reproduce than a star. She has not returned, and will never return, the Adorable One who came to my house - which I would never have supposed. - True, this time, I cried more than all the children in the world.

Then, I realized.  My life, my skin, my blood, my smiles and heart made me who I am.  

I am not human.

I am love.

:: 05.22.2024 ::

© 2024 E.P. Robles


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

One can be human yet not be "love" ; when i see a distressful situation, i am usually very emotional about it...your situation is somewhat similar..... what to do with a woman you find in your house, know nothing about her, she disappears, yet they stir you in a way that creates emotion, tears, questions.. you can reject, or you can sympathize ....and you can show love as well.... yet you can also be human....in my opinion...a very fine write....compassionate, loved it....
Warmly, B

Posted 3 Weeks Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

E.P. Robles

2 Weeks Ago

Even if I had a typo? :)
Betty Hermelee

2 Weeks Ago

You’re very welcome
Warmly, B



Reviews

One can be human yet not be "love" ; when i see a distressful situation, i am usually very emotional about it...your situation is somewhat similar..... what to do with a woman you find in your house, know nothing about her, she disappears, yet they stir you in a way that creates emotion, tears, questions.. you can reject, or you can sympathize ....and you can show love as well.... yet you can also be human....in my opinion...a very fine write....compassionate, loved it....
Warmly, B

Posted 3 Weeks Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

E.P. Robles

2 Weeks Ago

Even if I had a typo? :)
Betty Hermelee

2 Weeks Ago

You’re very welcome
Warmly, B

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
1 Review
Added on May 23, 2024
Last Updated on May 23, 2024
Tags: poetry

Author

E.P. Robles
E.P. Robles

SAN ANTONIO, TX



About
I write a lot and I paint a lot. I think just enough that I believe I am a very crazy person at all times. I am very friendly to a fault and find life very very short. I write in bursts with each p.. more..

Writing