Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Trees

Trees

A Story by The Dragons that we imagine

                  I remember being a small child looking out of the window of the car as we drove by, observing the world as we sped away.

           I remember thinking that the trees were spinning and dancing putting on a show for me alone. I imagined that they were enchanted with a secret ability I myself had to determine. 

 

           I imagined that each tree would watch each and every person. Watching how they would react and how their stories would come to an end. The older the tree was the more lives it had observed, Not only the lives of people but every living thing that lingered near. It would house birds, squirrels, and all the other things that might have decided that they would nest there and make that tree thier home. But there was always somthing diffrent about each tree that made it special, and treasured. As if the trees had thier own personality and opinion that made them different and somhow change the world. I have always thought of trees as beautiful masterpeices. They remind me of people, not exactly perfect but can change the direction of others. In lots of places around the world trees come by the million, but that does not take away from the centimential value or impression they may have upon a person. I have learned not to take even the most common things for granted, Because one day they may not be there any more and the impression they laid upon you might be devistating. There are many simularities between people and trees but there are a few diffrences I always think of as well.

 

1. We have a choice where we stand.

2. We can go influence others instead of waiting for them to come to us first.

3. We can do so much more than observe.

4. We can change the direction of a life and maybe end up saving it instead of letting it be destroyed.

5. We can change ourselves with the right help. 

6. We never have to stand alone

  

  Never think of a person as unwanted or unneeded. Thoughts like that cut people down and might even devestate those they influence. Never think of yourself as unimportant because you do influence those around you, never think you do not. The actions you do influence the actions of others. Your mood influences the mood of others. Even your thoughts influence others. Don't push people away, But chose whose opinion you heed. Choose wisely.

© 2013 The Dragons that we imagine


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well written...I enjoyed the idea of trees observing us as we live our lives, instead of the normal way people think of trees. The similarities between people and trees combined with the differences make for a thought provoking story.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
1 Review
Added on July 3, 2013
Last Updated on July 3, 2013

Author

The Dragons that we imagine
The Dragons that we imagine

GA



About
What can I say I am a person who adores science fiction. I love reading and writing. They are just two of my many passions. Some say i am good at writing, but I do it for fun, to experiment with creat.. more..

Writing