TINY RED SPIDERS

TINY RED SPIDERS

A Story by Eric Cox
"

Tiny red spiders keep falling and zombies bloom on Halloween.

"

    Upon nightfall, Halloween day 2012, nothing sinister was in the air. Jack o' Lanterns were carved and displayed outside, fiery faces of all different carvings aglow. There were many spooky decorations, and of course, little munchkins walking about in spooky costumes. Trick or treat was gleefully spoken at each door, then candy was given to hungry little goblins. I had on a World War 1 gas mask, helmet, and camouflage clothing. I answered my door and gave the kids their candy, Halloween was in the air.

    Suddenly in the town church the bells began ringing by themselves, they tolled 13 times. Everyone was wondering why the bells were tolling. Then storm clouds gathered. They turned dark crimson red. Next flashes of bright red lit up the clouds. I sensed something ominous upon the air.

    Suddenly it began raining tiny little red spiders. Everyone screamed in terror. Trick or Treaters and parents scrambled for cover. Some got into cars, others were invited into homes. But the tiny red spiders clung to countless people screaming in horror and trying to wipe off the tiny little monsters which kept biting into their flesh, causing fiery stabs of pain. Some victims fell to the ground, writhing.

    My son and daughter were out trick or treating, I was full of worry. I ran to my car with an umbrella, the tiny red spiders clung to it, they were falling everywhere. I looked up at the sky, it was turning black. And bright red kept flashing in the ominous clouds. Countless tiny red spiders kept descending upon people now motionless or writhing, trying to throw off the hungry little demons feasting on their flesh.

    When inside my car I quickly threw the umbrella full of spiders outside and closed the doors to my PT Cruiser. Off in the distance, the moon began to rise, it was full, and it was glowing bright orange through the sinister clouds. Oh my God! Is this the end of the world? I thought.

    I started the engine and began my search for my kids, they were somewhere in this large suburban town. The sights outside made me sick, flesh was being eaten from bodies, some lie dead, half gnawed away; and others were struggling to survive as tortured screams erupted in the night. And these flesh hungry spiders kept falling from the sky.

    I turned on the radio. Apparently our town wasn't the only place with darkness descending. How long before the whole world was flooded with these demon spiders?

    I caught sight of my kids. They were on a covered porch, the little red flesh eating spiders were on the floor of the porch. My kids were quickly stomping on the hungry little spiders with fear in their eyes and desperate cries of terror.

    I put my coat over my head and ran up to the porch. “Daddy!!” my kids cried. I cried :“Thank God you're okay!” I banged on the door, but no one answered, were they too afraid of letting flesh hungry spiders in? So I broke a window, and me and my kids climbed into the house.

    The sight before us was sickening, a man and a woman were in front of a TV set, there was a horror movie on, and they were covered with countless little red spiders gnawing upon their flesh and scarlet red cobwebs clinging to their half eaten bodies with bits of bone showing. Apparently the spiders came in through the chimney, for there were a few crawling out from it.

    We ran into the kitchen looking for bug spray, thank God we found some. We sprayed and sprayed and covered the fireplace. Then we shut off the horror DVD movie and tuned into the news.

    We discovered that many workers with spider proof suits on were spraying poison on countless spiders, hope for the human race? Not quite, the little red spiders would not cease descending from the sky, and the people killed by the little red spiders came back as the animated dead, killing everyone they could, spreading undeath.

    The bones of the man and woman in the house we were in crackled as their corpses moved, creeping up behind us. I felt a bony hand around my neck draining the life from me and heard my kids scream. Then only silence as I was shrouded in black.


    We awoke as living corpses. Outside other zombies crept around, blooming undeath. We walked outside and gazed at the moon glowing bright orange. We were filled with a death light. We put new candles in the jack o' lanterns and smiled. The church bells tolled 13 times. Flashes of red light lit up the ominous clouds. And the tiny red spiders kept descending from the sky.

 

© 2012 Eric Cox


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, a really frightening story. My fur is all standing on end and I hear that scream staring up in my head. Spiders are horrifying and the thought of them falling from the sky like rain and munching on people is just, well HORRIFYING! Superb horror story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Eric Cox

11 Years Ago

Thank you!



Reviews

Wow, a really frightening story. My fur is all standing on end and I hear that scream staring up in my head. Spiders are horrifying and the thought of them falling from the sky like rain and munching on people is just, well HORRIFYING! Superb horror story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Eric Cox

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
Wow, a truly creepy horror story. Spiders falling from the sky and eating people, true horror! Spiders are really awful and creepy crawlers and seeing them its just horror inducing. I enjoyed reading your horror story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very creepy. This makes my skin crawl. Just imagining spiders raining down from the sky and the nightmare they create...chilling! Great story here. Great horror!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, a very very creepy story. I just shiver reading about those spiders falling liker rain. True horror! Awesome write. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This really has some horrifying and gruesome scenes. It reads like the end of the world as we know it story. The thought of spiders falling from the sky gives me serious chills as well as them eating peoples bodies. I think this story would make really good horror movies. Its full of tension, terrifying scenes, a sympathetic character trying to save his family and know solution at the end. Such an open ended ending leaves the opportunity for more stories. Great horror Eric! I enjoyed this dark and frightful story you wrote. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Eric Cox

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Coyote Song

11 Years Ago

big smile

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

483 Views
5 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 27, 2012
Last Updated on October 28, 2012
Tags: spiders, Halloween, All Hallow's Eve, zombies

Author

Eric Cox
Eric Cox

Hollow Woods, OR



About
I've been writing since 1984. I write poems, stories, lyrics & string haikus in a variety of genres: Horror, Nature, Inspirational, Comedy, Sexual, etc... Variety is what you will find here. Copy.. more..

Writing
Two Forever Two Forever

A Poem by Eric Cox