A BLACK HALLOWEEN

A BLACK HALLOWEEN

A Story by Eric Cox
"

This is a vampire story.

"

     Halloween, 2009. I awoke to find total darkness. I reached for the lamp switch, turned it, but no light. I got out of bed and grabbed my flashlight, I shined it around the heavily decorated for Halloween room of our apartment. My girlfriend stirred in bed, holding the sheet over her head and complaining about too much light. I walked over to the front windows and opened the blinds. It was still dark outside, total blackness, the electricity in town was dead. "The power is out." I said to Tina. "Cool" was her response. I made my way to the kitchen to look at the battery powered clock, it said 9:00, and it was in the morning. "The stupid clock is broken." I said to Tina. It couldn't be correct, it was pitch black outside. I walked over to Tina's nightstand and looked at her wristwatch, it said 9:00AM. A chill went up my spine. "It's 9:00 in the morning and the sun hasn't risen, it's pitch black outside!" I said to Tina with fear flooding me. "Cool! Maybe it will never rise again!" was her reply. "What?" I said, dumbfounded. "Calm down Eric, light the Halloween candles." she said. I lit the candles and lay next to her for some comfort. She held me close and whispered: "let me give you eternity, come die with me forever." I looked into her eyes and felt death looking back at me. Her eyes had changed, they had no white showing, they were pure black. Her face was ghostly white. She smiled coldly at me, exposing two sharp fangs that promised eternal death.

    In a sudden panic I fled. I swung open our front door and ran towards van headlights on the street. I could  hear my undead girlfriend screaming for me to stop. But fear of the unknown flooded my body. The person in the van opened the passenger door and invited me in. I jumped in and we sped off into the daytime darkness. The windows in the houses we passed were either dark or lit by candlelight. There was a normal amount of cars on the streets. The fear I had felt was fading. The man next to me said that the radio spoke of darkness and power failure all over the world. Then I noticed a smile on the man's face. It sent shivers up my spine. I noticed we were passing less and less houses and more trees. The headlights lit up the trees hanging over the road. The leaves were orange and red. "Where are you headed?" I asked. "To my Master's mansion." the man replied. "Master?" I questioned. "Yes, he's in the back resting after he made a pact with the God of  Night." Then the driver slid open the curtain between the front seats and the back of the van. There was a coffin there, shiny and black. I looked at the driver again and he was smiling at me exposing two deadly sharp fangs, his eyes were pure black and seemed to eminate death. I grabbed the door handle to get out of the van but the door would not open. I was filled with horror. The driver laughed maliciously. I began to feel a sense of darkness and death growing. The driver said to me: "we're getting closer and closer to your doom." Then he pointed at his wristwatch and said: "time is ticking toward doom, tick, tick, tick." And he smiled wickedly at me. I knew death was creeping closer and closer, it was waiting for me at a dark mansion at the end of this black ride.

    The driver turned off the main road and a black wrought iron gate opened for us. We headed up a long winding road. I could see the black shape of the Master's mansion, it was surrounded by an eerie red glow.

    The driver smiled a sinister smile and said: "tick, tick, tick. Blackness is at the end of the road." We drew closer and closer to the dark mansion.

    Finally we reached the unholy abode. The van came to a stop and the driver laughingly said:"end of the road, next stop- eternal death." Then he handcuffed my hands and my feet, the van door opened, and he pushed me outside. As the driver went to the coffin in the van to awaken the Master I lay on the ground waiting for darkness.

    Then my vampire girlfriend suddenly appeared, took me in her arms, and began flying me away as the Master awakened and stepped out of his coffin. His eyes began glowing red, Tina and I fell from the sky. He had Tina under his power. Tina carried me into the dark mansion, the Master and his assistant followed.

     Everything inside the mansion was painted black, red orbs glowed for light, and black coffins were everywhere.

    The Master led us to a huge room with mostly empty coffins in it. "Put him in a coffin." the Master said to my girlfriend. Tina placed me in a coffin and the Master smiled at the terror in my eyes, exposing two very long and deadly sharp fangs.

    The Master ordered Tina into a coffin, then he closed the lid on her. Then he kneeled over me and sunk his fangs into my neck. Pain set my neck on fire, and I felt my blood being siphoned, my life force was slipping away, I grew closer and closer to death. When all that remained was a tiny spark of life in me, the Master withdrew his fangs and blood trickled down my neck. Then he cut the tip of one of his fingers with a knife and let the drops of blood drip into my mouth. He looked into my eyes and said: "drink." I swallowed the drops of poisoned life. He withdrew his bloody finger and slowly closed the coffin lid, blackness.

    The dark Halloween day moved along. Soon it would be the time that kids usually trick-or-treated. But would they go trick-or-treating in this continuing night? The answer was yes.

    And many homes were decorated, and many homes had jack-o-lanterns glowing near their front doors.

    The time came that kids went out in the darkness and trick-or-treated dressed in Halloween costumes. All of the kids had their parents or someone old enough along with them, plus there were many police officers out too because of the non-ending night.

    Meanwhile the Master brought his black plan alive. His pure black eyes glowed scarlet red, soon his whole body was glowing scarlet. He released this power, it spread through his dark mansion and out, combining with the power from the head vampires in their dark mansions throughout the world, blanketing the world with their black magic, a scarlet spell.

    I awoke as a vampire and crawled out of my coffin, as did Tina, we smiled darkly at each other, dark love in our eyes. All the coffins in the Master's mansion and the other dark mansions throughout the world slowly opened and new creatures of  the night emerged, death in their solid black eyes.

     Meanwhile the scarlet spell invaded every human throughout the world. Bags of candy dropped to the ground, smiling faces went blank, everyone began walking back to their homes like zombies. Every police officer dropped their weapons and began returning to their homes, their minds under the scarlet spell.

    We all flew out of the dark mansions, seeking blood, hungry for the crimson essence of life.

    We descended on many humans like shadows of death. Our cold fangs sinking in and siphoning every last drop of blood, while jack-o-lanterns glowed orange in the black of night.

   Soon humankind was enslaved. The Master of Vampires black plan bloomed in success. The electricity returned after the vampire attack, but all outside lights are kept dim. The birds no longer sing their songs. The plants and trees slowly turned the color black in the dead sunlight. That eve of the scarlet spell the full moon began to glow. And Halloween is now celebrated as the time when vampires came out of the shadows. Being a vampire isn't what I thought it would be like, it's comforting being near death, and drinking blood brings dark ecstasy. And we bathe in the night that will last for all of eternity.

© 2011 Eric Cox


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's refreshing to read about vampires who don't sparkle or continuously return to high school. This was very atmospheric. Creepy-cool. I loved it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Eric Cox

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
Wo! this sends chills down my spine!! And it gripped me till the very end.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is pretty awesome! I enjoyed it. I Love Halloween stories. You may want to seperate the paragraphs to have a few blank spaces in between. This will catch the readers' breath as they continue reading. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Excellent vampire story. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is amazing ... A true write of imagination and dark beauty.. Unique and all its own.. WOW...

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

holy freaking CRAP. If there is one thing I love, it's Vampires. (You'll learn that after reading, like, two of my short stories haha) so this was like awesome for me, and awesomely written....you should write a book and get published.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very deep and invigorating. Great write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I really enjoyed this write
This is kinda creepy,
Love it though, written so well.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i thought this was well done... like the creepy eerie feel to this .. overall nice work!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.



Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

516 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 24, 2009
Last Updated on September 6, 2011
Tags: vampires, horror

Author

Eric Cox
Eric Cox

Hollow Woods, OR



About
I've been writing since 1984. I write poems, stories, lyrics & string haikus in a variety of genres: Horror, Nature, Inspirational, Comedy, Sexual, etc... Variety is what you will find here. Copy.. more..

Writing
Two Forever Two Forever

A Poem by Eric Cox



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


All of Me All of Me

A Story by Marlena