Hello Gypsies

Hello Gypsies

A Poem by erikaguest
"

Visit my blog: www.writteninmyownwords.tumblr.com

"

Hello Gypsies,

In unearthed dystopia,

Weave, wash, and alone,

Caress of nothing,

No more to ask than rations,

Warmth of life,

Yet numb is abundant,

Cold breath,

Mind on freeze-frame,

And no strive for knowledge.

This abyss of grot, grog and fire souls,

Soil keeps us human,

No eyes cast skyward,

In this cratered Earth,

Where only gypsies linger,

Goodbye the age of consumerism.

© 2011 erikaguest


Author's Note

erikaguest
criticism is welcome :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Will have to read this over, seems a complexity of thought. Seems you think of gypsies as being people of the earth and air, everyone else being unaware .. or is that these people are the ones you feel strongly part of .. ok, will return with a brushed clean mind, to see what more I can fine.

I do know however or as well, that you're a fine writer who used language in a quite unique way. More people should read you. Please invite them..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The 'message' at the end was just a little too brutal after all your fine phraseology.
The last line, for me, brought it down to a less mature level. Fine writing though overall.

Posted 12 Years Ago


great write erikaguest...
loved the way you captured the essence and how each line complimented the next...
It's a subject that I think we can all relate to or at least have aspired to...freedom to choose...
allen

Posted 12 Years Ago


very good choice of words. i love the imagery you have created in this piece. well done :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This write made me daydream, like riding in a car watching the scenery rush past, the images do not essentially correlate but they transport the mind. This was intriguing and pleasing, nice write.


Posted 13 Years Ago


I love the subject matter thou this seems a bit bare... A strong skeloton makes for a mighty Building! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good words.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is powerful. In Russia, I'd call this "abstract poetry" - the kind I admire most. Basically, images, snippets, even single words are used which, while not making gramatical sense, all together evoke a certain response from the reader.
On a personal, non-review note, I also deeply agree with the message.


Posted 13 Years Ago


This is very descriptive and the imagery is described so well. the last two lines really catch the readers attention.

Posted 13 Years Ago


we all are gypsies in heart, flow like dust...this was very prolific, one of those ones that grabs you emotionally, and slaps the crap out of you, i thouroughly enjoyed.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"This abyss of grot, grog and fire souls,
Soil keeps us human,"
A amazing poem. So many statements stood out. Your poem create good visions and something to think about in your words. I like the ending to the outstanding poem. Thank you.
Coyote


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

623 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 1, 2011
Last Updated on April 1, 2011

Author

erikaguest
erikaguest

Australia



About
a word about me? I believe in self expression and keeping it real. "Never desert your own line of talent." - best advice out, and I've taken it. Writing for me; whether its monologues, useless .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Pieces Of String Pieces Of String

A Poem by OT