The Registration Hall

The Registration Hall

A Poem by Erin_is_peace
"

Have you ever seen someone that you haven't seen in years in an unexpected place? Well, this woman did and it was the shock of her life!

"
Why are men so confusing?
That's the question that was running through this woman's mind as she sits in a hall.
Minding her own.
The suddenly her thoughts were shot by a man who was standing in front of her.
A pair of black dress shoes.
As she continues to rise her gaze she notices certain qualities of this man that look familar.
"Excuse me, is this chair taken?" he asks as her mind searches for the name of this man.
"What? Oh yes.. I mean no it's not taken.." she says as the name fails to find her.
As he sits he begins a conversation with her.
He asks her all kinds of questions.
All of her answers are short and quick.
Still not knowing the name of him.
Suddenly the name comes to her like a lighting bolt to a tree in a lighting storm.
"How did you find me?" she asks herself.
"I haven't seen him in years.." she continues.
The conversation continues between the two of them as the worry she once had vanishes.
They both talk like they were back in high school.
Going over all the things that have gone over the years.
Then his name is called.
Breaking the longing stares they shared.
You see they are in a registration hall.
He stands from the chair where he was once sitting.
Telling the woman that it was wonderful to see her again.
Then he asks her to stand with him before he goes.
As she stands he hugs her.
Just like when they were kids.
That hug that means I never want to let you go.
She notices that he slides a folded paper in her back pocket as he gives her a kiss on  the cheek.
Then slowly walks away looking back and winking as he does so.
She reaches into here pocket and takes out the folded paper ready to read its contents.
As she begins to read she comes to find it was one of his old love letters that failed to be get to her.
She stands in awe.
She wonders, "does the contents of this parchment still hold true?"
That question still lingering in the air..

© 2010 Erin_is_peace


Author's Note

Erin_is_peace
hey look one misspelling!! yay! plz read and review!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Awesome! I like your poems because they tell stories. They take you through things. Very nice style. I really love being on this writer's cafe now, I really enjoy what people express. Its turning into a much more of a benefit than I had expected. And your poetry is a part of that. Somehow poetry helps you breathe and shine inside when "talking" seems so plain. I kinda glow when I read your stuff. Very cool.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Awesome! I like your poems because they tell stories. They take you through things. Very nice style. I really love being on this writer's cafe now, I really enjoy what people express. Its turning into a much more of a benefit than I had expected. And your poetry is a part of that. Somehow poetry helps you breathe and shine inside when "talking" seems so plain. I kinda glow when I read your stuff. Very cool.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

woman are the same way as men. We are the same and so different at the same time. The only way to know someone is by asking questions. Asking questions will get you the answers you want. A very well written poem. well done!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Men i think are that way because they don't want to be understood. They enjoy being a challenege! LOL I like this thought it was brillant

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 4, 2010
Last Updated on January 4, 2010

Author

Erin_is_peace
Erin_is_peace

Monroe, NC



About
Hey I'm erin! I'm 16 I live in nc. I've been writing for a few years, thought I would get some of my writing out there. This is my 2ed page.. I don't really remember the password to my other one haha... more..

Writing