Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
That Dream I Had Last Night

That Dream I Had Last Night

A Story by Erin Carr
"

A kid has a dream that gives him information about a real life emergency

"
“How are things?” my best friend asked in the hall Monday morning. His name was Justin. He liked calling me dirty Dan because of my name being Daniel.
“Uh good dude. But last night-”
“You hooked up with someone? Who? It better not be my mom” Justin interrupted.
“Shut up,” I said with an annoyed laugh. We sat down in our first class of that day which we happen to have together and I decided I had enough time to tell him what happened. “I had this dream. I’ll try to explain it as best I can. Okay so it started off with me driving down this random street. I don't know where it is but I know i've been on it before. It was sort of desolate and there were a lot of cacti. It almost reminded me of when I drove to Arizona that one summer. I was alone. As I was driving I felt the urge to pull over. I don't know why, I just did. Almost like a voice inside my head was telling me to do it. So I pulled over, got out of the car, and for whatever reason started rummaging around in the dirt around some bushes. I found the weirdest looking thing ever. It was a small like pod type thing with little lights all over it. I twisted it open and inside was a message, but it was written in some unknown language i've never seen before in my life. It didn't even look like a human wrote it. Then, like in a movie there was a flash of time where I could read the message. I don't remember what it said thought. Something about hiding, but I have no idea what that means. But then it flashed back to normal and I couldn't read it anymore,” I told Justin before I realized he was half asleep.
“You there dude?” I asked.
“Yeah sorry. Late night last night,” Justin explained. “Sounds like a weird dream, but aren't dreams always sort of odd?” He asked.
“Well year, and trust me i've had a lot of strange dreams in my life, but this one was just different. It felt like it really meant something. Like I needed to remember everything about it, like it was all important. I don't know man, but I think I had that dream for a reason.
“Nah thats all bs. Dreams don't actually mean anything, there just ur mind trying to play games and have some fun like a kid with a yoyo,” Justin said.
“Whatever. Look its Mr. Mark. Hasn't he worn that same sweatshirt for the past, like, two weeks?” I asked.
“Yeah my man. Yes he has,” Justin responded.
That was the last conversation I ever had with Justin. Face to face anyways, and I think it was a pretty good one. At 9 p.m. that night Justin texted me. This was not an unusual thing for him to do, so I wasn't expecting much of a meaningful text. “Daniel.” is what he texted. Just my name. Plain and simple, but for Justin not to refer to me as dirty Dan was sadly concerning. I knew something was up, so I texted back.
I said, “what's up.”
He was typing for what seemed like hours before he finally sent the text.
The text read, “This is really f***ed man. I talked to my dad about the dream you had (he asked my how my day was and in my boring life your gay story was one of the highlights). My dad works for the government. He told me that you dream contains very classified information that I would have no way of knowing. He told me not to tell you, but i've gotta know why you are playing games, and what are you hiding.”
I had to read that message about five times before I fully realized what it meant. I layed in my bed and came to the conclusion after some pondering, that somehow, the events in my dream really took place and now a government official thinks I know things i’m not supposed to know. This also meant that whatever that message was is real, and that the government was hiding things from people. It was all too much, and even though I really didn't want to, I texted Justin back.
I said,“look all I know is what was in that dream. It was completely random and I don't know how, or why my brain showed me that stuff.”
He replied, “I guess you were right then, your dream really does have a damn meaning to it. Go to sleep and have more. Im outtie.”
That night I had the same dream. As soon as I woke up I wrote down everything I could remember from the message in my phone. It contained short sentences saying things like “We are coming. We will take you somewhere nice. Better than here. Here is not good. Here will make you gone. Don't be afraid. Whoever hides won't get to come with us. Those poor humans won't see their people anymore. The loves. When we come, remember this, and come say hi. We will save you from here.” That's all I could remember anyways.
The next day, which was spent trying to keep myself awake enough to not get yelled at, I threw myself onto the couch when I got home and turned on the news like usual, but the difference is that I actually payed attention because of what I saw. The news lady began talking about a breaking news story. A photo popped up next to the reporter and what I saw made my face go pale like someone who had just witnessed a murder.
“The message inside this unidentified object found in rural Phoenix, Arizona is unidentifiable. It has been looked at by language professionals, even some who know ancient and forgotten languages to see what could be decoded, but it was found that the message was written in a language unknown to our planet. Unfortunately, it looks like it's going to take some investigation to find out where it may have come from before authorities can look into what it means. The president will be talking shortly about this new discovery, and what we should do about it,” said the reporter lady.
Nine minutes later, the president came on, with quite the concerned look on his face. He was only a sentence in before he was dragged away by agents and all you could see was the room he was in getting dark. Then I heard that sound before tornado warnings and stuff, which brought my mom and dad into the room to see what was going on. I knew they had already heard about the news because I overheard the upstairs tv, but now they needed to be with me. After the sound played, messages started showing on the screen, and I was freaking out. Never did I ever imagine something like this could ever happen. The messages, in their entirety, said,
“This is an emergency broadcast. This is not a drill. The following instructions are vital to your safety:
Close and secure all possible entrances to your home. Switch off all lights. Do not look out of the window. Do not respond to any knock on your windows or doors until the "clear" announcement is given. Remain silent at all times. Do not attempt to interact with anyone outside of your home. Do not attempt to investigate any noise coming from outside your home. Do not attempt to investigate any light outside your home. If you see any unidentified figure inside your home, or from the corner of your eyes, do not attempt to investigate. Move away from the area where you last sighted the figure and lock any doors behind you. Refrain from looking at the ceiling. When moving to any location in your home that is outside of the area your family has gathered, do so in pairs. Remain calm at all times. Gather as much food and supplies in your home as you can. Do not use any telecommunication devices. Emergency services will also not be available until the emergency has been declared over. Should any member of your family go missing, do not attempt to search for them. This broadcast will repeat in thirty seconds. Good luck.”
I stayed completely still and stared straight into my parents eyes. They were here, and I couldn't lose my family.
“Mom, Dad, you know that dream I told you about? It was a warning to me, and now I know what to do. They are here, but they will take us somewhere nice. They will protect us from the bad things here,” I stated in the hopes that they would believe me.
They signaled for me to be quiet, and were both in complete shock, which escalated as they watched me do what I did.
“Watch me, and do what I do right after I do it. Ok? Trust me on this one,” I tried to say in the most calming tone possible.
I walked over to the window, my parents desperately trying to stop me while still following the instructions from the tv. From there it was pretty straight forward. I put my face to the window, looked outside, saw a bright light, and I was gone. I wasn't in the bad place anymore. I was upset to see that Justin didn't make it here. He must have followed the instructions too well. I has happy to see my parents here. They had listened to me and done what I said. If only I could have told the whole world my instructions, because right about now those left in the bad place are about to see a bright light like I did, but it won't lead them here. They hid, so they won't get to come here.


© 2017 Erin Carr


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on June 17, 2017
Last Updated on June 17, 2017
Tags: Aliens, dreams, ufos, emergencies, scary, sci fi

Author