Persecution Trials

Persecution Trials

A Poem by Erudite
"

Religious Poem in which I lament, and argue, with God about the pain in my life

"

You tell me "b***h, don't be bleak. 
Only the strong survive, and you're weak"
Well excuse my bitter disposition, 
But bliss must come easy to your ignorant mind. 
You see, now that I know what I know,
I can't help but look out at you people and see hopelessness, ignorance, selfishness, and pride.

God, can you hear me? Where's my Angel? I'm bleeding out. These are my last few seconds of breath. Can you hear me God? Am I able to awaken you from your rest?

Cause I've got this pain in my chest. Lord, take it from me. We both know you know best

I've got wicked thoughts in my head. I want to hurt those who've hurt me.

I'm starting to believe I deserve this pain.

These tears I cry won't change a thing.

I'm but a pawn in this spiritual game.

God, you know I see what they don't. Why hide yourself from me?

Show yourself God. I need to see your blinding light, even if it kills me.

For I chose the Lord over death.

I'm broken, and this is my best.

And nothing can cure me besides His love.

So, I ask again. Can you hear me God? Because this sea of pain I'm drowning in seems like the torture device of a wanton deity.

Please God, prove to me that you are who you say you are. Because I can't recall any moment I've heard your voice.

I'm walking through the dark without your guiding light. I guess you only guide the chosen.

Where's my light, God? Don't you have enough love to spare some for a wretch like me?

© 2017 Erudite


Author's Note

Erudite
Please rate and review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on June 3, 2017
Last Updated on June 3, 2017
Tags: Religious, Lament, Hopelessness, Depression

Author

Erudite
Erudite

Riverside, CA



About
Greetings, reader. Please do enjoy this music I've prepared for you, and don't be too bashful to take a peek at some of my writings. My poem titled "Ah, To Float in My Boat" is one of my personal .. more..

Writing