Him.

Him.

A Story by Intermoz
"

Collection of random scenes from Lila's life

"

The rain was falling softly outside the quaint coffee shop. The grunge 90's band played in the shop, adding to the overall dramatic feeling. Lila sipped her black coffee slowly. She only drank black because any other flavor would cause her to taste something- to feel something. Lila chose to be numb. Ever since that day she chose not to feel. She didn’t want to feel. It was the most ominous thing to think about. If she let emotions fill her soul, she’d remember. She’d remember that day and everything that happened. It also meant that she would have to cope with the things that happened afterwards. 

The handle on the door moved and the door opened, hitting the bell that sounded loudly in the silent coffee shop. Lila glanced up; their eyes met as they had so many times before. His visibly deep brown eyes locking with her piercing green eyes. Those eyes that had always seen right through her soul- straight to her heart. It was in that moment, where their eyes held each others she realized she needed him. This man that had been so in and out of her life for the past two years it had driven her as close to insane as a person could get. 

Immediately, Lila stood. He walked his slow walk towards her, their eyes still maintaining contact. His hair was more grey since the last time she’d seen him. His eyes were the same, but you could tell he was tired. His skin was still the same dark olive it has always been. His five o’clock shadow was showing just as she had always liked. He wore his favorite royal blue pull over, his favorite jeans, and his white Nikes. Her long sleeve dress hung off of slightly. The charcoal grey complimenting her light skin and emphasizing her eyes. The dress stopped mid thigh, showing off her incredible body. Over the past two years her weight had dropped significantly so there were stretch marks on her thighs. 

They were finally standing face to face. He continued to stare into the eyes of a woman whom he’d knew he could never have, but a woman whom he loved so passionately. He couldn’t mistake the burning feelings he had for her over the past 11 years. He knew it was love, but he also knew it was something he could never act on. He put his arms around here and held her. She buried her face into his neck. He smelled her oh so familiar scent and it made him hold her tighter. 

When they finally broke from their hug. Her eyes were brimmed with tears. He smiled softly and walked to the register. This wasn’t uncommon for them not to speak. They were on this different level with each other- they were always on the same wavelength. They always had this incredibly ability to read the others mind. For a long time Lila believed she’d never find this with anyone else. She did, but it was never as intense as it was with him. She watched him as he ordered and his familiar body movements- the way he stood, the way he smiled , the way he used his hands when he was talking. 

He got his order and brought it back to the table where Lila was sitting. She looked frail, yet as beautiful as ever. He had missed the way her curly auburn hair fell across her face, and the way she looked at him- like he was God. Her soft lips moved to an ever so slight smile, “You hear what’s on?”, she asks in her mysteriously sexual voice. He grinned, “To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die.” They sat there for a second, just enjoying the moment and letting their eyes take in the other. Slowly, he took a sip of his coffee, “So, are you ready to talk about the night you got raped?” 

© 2016 Intermoz


Author's Note

Intermoz
The male character is purposely never named in the "Him" short story series.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on June 16, 2016
Last Updated on June 16, 2016
Tags: love, man, girl, relationship, short story

Author

Intermoz
Intermoz

GA



About
Living life as best I can, and using the little moments to inspire me. more..

Writing
My Romeo My Romeo

A Poem by Intermoz


Him pt. 2 Him pt. 2

A Story by Intermoz


Slash Slash

A Poem by Intermoz