inspired.

inspired.

A Poem by esther sequeira

something somewhere had to die, so we could stay alive. the blood on the floor is yours. marble can’t hide scarlet. your screams are filled with rage that rocks the oceans, dig your hands into pools of gold, and find your worth. am i dreaming? the silk on your shoulders is stolen from your mother. she’s been looking for her finest pieces, her daughter’s showing off to her lover in the dark. what she doesn’t know, can’t hurt her. lay down to rest your head on these laurels your father has won. aren’t you a pretty girl? no, not you. you are a quiet god, and your hunger is cavernous. you wear the skin of the women you know. tones of blue, touches of red. their paramours have left them bruised. you are a god of wind. of water. of fire. of earth. you are made of the world. carry the heavens in your heart, don’t show them the celestial bodies tucked away in the palm of your hand. why are you looking for home? you are home. you are a house. with chaos beneath your skin, a self contained hurricane. don’t let go just yet. can’t you feel his lips on your shoulder?

© 2019 esther sequeira


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
Added on July 2, 2019
Last Updated on July 2, 2019
Tags: poetry

Author

esther sequeira
esther sequeira

Dubai, United Arab Emirates



About
s more..