Welding Rod Type and Classification

Welding Rod Type and Classification

A Story by etcnbusiness

An automatic welding rod is a material used to connect two pieces of metal (a welding rod is a melting electrode used for electric arc welding with a coating. It is composed of a coating and a core). Welding characteristics: The strength of the welding joint must be higher than that of the raw material (professional called base metal). The following is an introduction to the electrode model and types of welding electrodes.
The electrode model is divided according to the mechanical properties of the deposited metal, the type of coating, the welding automation position and the type of welding current. The method of preparing the electrode model is as follows: E 43 03, the letter "E" represents the electrode; the first two digits represent the deposited metal minimum tensile strength; The third digit indicates the welding position of the electrode. "0" and "1" indicate that the welding is suitable for all-position welding (flat, vertical, horizontal), and "2" indicates that the electrode is suitable for flat welding and plane welding, "4" indicates that the electrode is suitable for vertical downward welding; When the third and fourth digits are combined, it indicates the type of welding current and the type of coating. Add "R" after the fourth digit indicates moisture-resistant electrode; Add "M" to indicate an electrode with special requirements for moisture absorption and mechanical properties; Add "-1" to indicate an electrode with special requirements for impact performance.
According to different situations, there are three classification methods for types of welding electrodes: Classification according to electrode use, classification according to the main chemical composition of the coating, and classification according to the characteristics of the slag after the coating is melted.
According to the purpose of the electrode, the electrode can be divided into: structural steel electrode, heat-resistant steel electrode, stainless steel electrode, surfacing electrode, low temperature steel electrode, cast iron electrode, nickel and nickel alloy electrode, copper and copper alloy electrode, aluminum and aluminum alloy electrode and special purpose electrode.
If classified according to the main chemical composition of the electrode coating, the electrode can be divided into: titanium oxide type electrode, titanium oxide calcium type electrode, ilmenite type electrode, iron oxide type electrode, cellulose type electrode, low hydrogen type electrode, graphite electrode and base electrode.
If classified according to the characteristics of the slag after the electrode coating is melted, the types of welding electrodes can include acid electrode and alkaline electrode. The main components of acid electrode coating are acid oxides, such as silicon dioxide, titanium dioxide, and iron trioxide. The main component of alkaline electrode coating is alkaline oxide, such as marble and fluorite.
As one of automotive injection moulding companies, we have types custom machining services for clients, if you have needs, please contact us.
More types of cnc service, please visit our website.

© 2022 etcnbusiness


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on May 5, 2022
Last Updated on May 5, 2022
Tags: casting, services

Author

etcnbusiness
etcnbusiness

Shanghai, Room 2310, No.39 South Chezhan Road, Hongkou District, Shanghai, China, China



About
We manufacture parts here in China covering different fields from a simple stamping to complicate CNC machining. We struggle with what to call ourselves since we are not a traditional machine shop, se.. more..

Writing