Temple

Temple

A Poem by Ella Emergency

This is a temple – my body:

Surrounded by a million thornless roses, and ever-fruitful trees; guarded under the watch of a thousand devoted men; fertilized and tended by the highest caretaker of all.

This garden of my body, where no weeds grow, no flowers wilt, and no fruit rots is under siege.  An impatient enemy waits outside the white picket fence, planning and calculating his attack.

The destruction – irreparable, enormous, uncomprehensable. This body, this garden, this temple, bombed in a war I was always against.  Desecrated beyond recognition, all evidence of perfection gone.  Wasted, a wasteland, a waste of land, now that it’s impeccable spectacle is in the past.

This wreckage, this enormous wreckage, is looming, so huge that I don’t even know where to begin the repairs.  A new temple must be built, new flowers must be planted; the beauty and awe of old have expired.

Picking up a shard at a time, I think to myself: “What’s the point?  Bombs will continue to fall.  I will just have to keep building again and again for all eternity.”

So I quit, and I sit down, and I learn to embrace the destruction as if it were beauty.

I have been defeated.

© 2009 Ella Emergency


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

From defeat we learn to walk with eye wide open to the good and bad things. A excellent poem. Started with a powerful lines of hope. Ending with defeat and a lesson learn. A outstanding poem.
Coyote


Posted 14 Years Ago


Aww, it's so sad. Why darlin'? *hug*

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 21, 2009
Last Updated on June 26, 2009

Author

Ella Emergency
Ella Emergency

Denver, CO



About
I just wait around and write. I don't really want or have friends. Cool. more..

Writing
Roots Roots

A Poem by Ella Emergency